Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
177 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 177

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

NJ Packard Dealership - Dover
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
My Packard was sold at the Dover Motor Co. in Dover NJ. After a bit of searching I have found that they were located at 24 E Clinton Street in Dover NJ. I am trying to find out any additional information....

I will add them to the dealer list...

Posted on: 2009/11/3 22:52
 Top  Print 

Re: NJ Packard Dealership - Dover
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
Ok, now I am a bit obsessed trying to find information on other NJ Packard dealerships... seems like there we a lot of them here back in the day!!

My quest continues!!!

Posted on: 2009/11/4 8:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Bill

try the roster keeper for PAC. He can be found on Packardclub.org. I'm sure he can give you a list of Packard dealers for N.J.

Al

Posted on: 2009/11/4 8:32
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There was a prior Packard dealership in Dover, NJ; Burnett & Hillery, Inc., located on State Highway #6, with Dudley Burnett as Manager.

There were many dealerships in NJ, a just-prewar list identifies them in Asbury Park, Bayonne, Belleville, Boonton, East Orange, Elizabeth, Hackensack, Jersey City, Lakewood, Long Branch, Montclair, Morristown, Newark (factory branch), Newton, Perth Amboy, Plainfield, Red Bank, Ridgewood, Rutherford, South Orange, Summitt, Union City, and Westfield.

In southern NJ those associated with Packard Philadelphia were located in Atlantic City, Bridgeton, Camden, Cape May, Hackettstown, Hightstown, Ocean City, Pennsgrove, Pitman, Salem, Trenton, Vineland, and Wildwood.

You may wish to contact Ken Chapman, PAC's record keeper for dealers.

Posted on: 2009/11/4 9:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
Thanks for the idea... I have sent an email :)

Posted on: 2009/11/4 9:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
Ok, my goal is to get every NJ Packard dealer listed in the dealer section. I wat to get pictures and details on each one.... I have a lot of work to do!

Posted on: 2009/11/4 9:24
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Some of the building are still standing. Rice Motors in Hackensack is now a skating rink. The McGuire dealership in Ridgewood is, I believe, still active as a dealership or at least it was as of a few years ago. I believe the dealership in Englewood's building is now part of Benzel-Bush's Mercedes-Benz facility. You might consider getting in touch with Jim Pearsall, a very serious Packard historian, who also lives in NJ and has had a long-standing interest in the dealerships and their buildings. He's photographed many of them and occasionally contributes pictures and articles to various publications, last one I recall was in the Metro region of the CCCA's local publication, though he has made many other contributions.

You might find the enclosed interesting, image courtesy of Jim Pearsall; I've posted w/o asking his permission but hopefully he won't object.

Attach file:

jpg  (181.34 KB)
177_4af1935b51caa.jpg 1030X1280 px

Posted on: 2009/11/4 9:42
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
The Hackensack dealership building looks like a modern (neo-old style) dealership.

Posted on: 2009/11/4 16:33
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yeah, that's the one that's still standing and is a roller or ice-skating rink and the distinctive exterior is still very recognizable.

Posted on: 2009/11/4 16:52
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Alvin14
See User information
In the south Jersey,Philadelphia area, many Packard dealers became Mercedes-Benz dealers.
QUALITY TO QUALITY

Posted on: 2009/11/4 17:01
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved