Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
46 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 44

Ross, DFoster, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Interesting '50 Packard Story
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Noticed a Forum name in "Who's Online" of grandmaspackard which I wasn't familiar with and, in my inquisitive way, clicked on it. Doing this leads to Al's, grandmaspackard's real name, public profile. And in the profile is a link to his Website, with a great story about his Packard, which has been in the family since new. Al, hope you don't mind me sharing this with everyone here?

Posted on: 2011/5/25 19:24
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: Interesting '50 Packard Story
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Al
See User information
LOL !!! No, I don't mind at all, Im flattered I guess you could say. Yes, thats my Packard, it pretty much sits the same way as I type. I started another restoration first on my Buick which has a site that you can get to from my Packard page. I did the Buick first because it was a way more complete car and much better original condition. There is a big history with that car to. BOTH grandmothers cars had their cars and stopped driving them and sat on them like gold until they passed and left them to me.Ive owned both cars 30+ years.The Buick is about complete.The Packard is still together and driving, its rough but gonna go for a full body off resto.I have technically started working on it last year. I had to get new rear doors, hood, and trunk lid. They are all done and in primer.My biggest challenge I think is the passenger rear 1/4 is rotted, and of course the inner rockers. Im familiar with the replacement rockers and floor pans, but I have been contemplating how I am going to do the inner rockers.Ive been looking for a 1/4 panel donor but cant seem to find one so Im also going to form the lower half myself. Other than that, pretty much the usual body off resto.I bought 2 parts cars the last few years, neither of them had good 1/4's but I have a ton of parts, I dissasembeled them 100% and saved everything.
Thanks for the achnoledgement of me, I read this forum daily and am just soaking in the info. I want to tear into the car soon but as of right now I have space issues.

Thanks
Al
grandmaspackard

Posted on: 2011/5/25 20:11
 Top  Print   

Re: Interesting '50 Packard Story
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Al,
for the update. Great family history in both the Buick and the Packard, your restorations will ensure future generations appreciate them too.

Posted on: 2011/5/25 20:44
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved