Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 201

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 44 45 46 (47) 48 49 50 ... 72 »

Re: 51Packard's....51 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Speaking of cleaning, I soaked the dirty and rusty ash trays from my '55 Clipper in white vinegar for a few days. They cleaned up nicely. The vinegar did not remove the rust pitting, but all other soiling, dirt, and staining went away. It now looks like a non-smoker's car.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/7/15 20:15
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
7-17-11

It's been a hot weekend, but I managed to get the engine and frame primed and painted. When the car is movable again, I'll reposition it so I can safely jack up the passenger side and clean the suspension and brake assembly.

Attach file:

jpg  (152.57 KB)
508_4e234e0bb8413.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2011/7/17 16:04
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Wow! Looks great!! Besides following the blogs, I am doing some of the projects to my own car. For instance, I plan to do the ashtray/ vinegar thing tomorrow.

Posted on: 2011/7/17 17:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Looks lovely, you should be quite proud of your work. PC monitors aren't reliable for conveying colors accurately, but on my view the gray appears a couple of shades lighter than what's usually accepted as Packard engine gray.

Posted on: 2011/7/17 17:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Thanks guys. I'm glad that this phase is finally done. Now I can get some parts back on the car and out of the garage.

Owen_Dyneto, you are correct about the paint. It actually looks a little darker in person. It was not purchased from the usual vendors. I found a close color in spray cans. The correct color has more green tint in it. I'm sure that the people who look at my car in person will never know because they don't know Packards.

Posted on: 2011/7/17 18:49
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
I admire your work on your car and what you are willing to do to learn about it. Thanks for doing it, you have no idea how big of a help and guide your work will be to me when I start mine.

Keep doing it.

Posted on: 2011/7/17 20:27
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
That has come out fantastic! Believe me, when you're done you'll be so proud and happy just knowing a pretty and clean engine lurks under the hood while you're driving, and a straight eight does turn heads at shows!

Posted on: 2011/7/17 22:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

Paul Weeks wrote:
Wow! Looks great!! Besides following the blogs, I am doing some of the projects to my own car. For instance, I plan to do the ashtray/ vinegar thing tomorrow.

Paul, I removed all the trim parts off of the ash trays before soaking them in vinegar. The vinegar will attack the chrome plating and paint. Nothing like nice clean ash trays.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/7/18 12:02
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Thanks guys for the compliments. As for helping people, I hope to at least let others learn from my mistakes so they do not do the same thing!

I'm going to try the vinegar trick on my windows when the time comes. I know the previous owner was a heavy smoker judging from the stains on my headliner. I wonder how clear the windows would be after cleaning?

Posted on: 2011/7/18 21:08
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
51Packard you have definatly done a lot to your car since you got it. It will be worth it once you get it back on the road and can drive it around again.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 21:09
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 44 45 46 (47) 48 49 50 ... 72 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved