Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
256 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 256

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Craig's List has gutted jaxed!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
For those of you like me that use jaxed to search nationwide for parts etc. the recent move by Craig's List to prevent jaxed from displaying their information is probably coming as a major blow. Personally, I have made several purchases over the last 6 months from people on Craig's List that I would not have found without jaxed. Those people will now lose the wider national market audience for their goods. I guess it is time for someone else to development something similar to Craig's List that can be linked to a national search engine like jaxed.
Gene

Posted on: 2011/8/27 10:35
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Re: Craig's List has gutted jaxed!
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Unless it was a "legal" move made by C'list then Jaxed will figure out how to continue it.

Posted on: 2011/8/27 13:06
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
According to their main page they got served papers by Craig List lawyers. I will quote it here:

"The jaXed Mash has been presented with a "CEASE AND DESIST UNLAWFUL MISUSE OF CRAIGSLIST" from attorneys representing Craigslist. In the C&D, The jaXed Mash was cited for violating the Craigslist Terms of Use. Cragislist has demanded that The jaXed Mash remove all Craigslist listing titles, and cease to index Craigslist listings in the future."

It sounds serious to me and I think it will cost some CraigsList customers some money. I know I've sold stuff to people as far away as a few hundred miles and talked to people in Oregon that I would not have even looked at if it were not for jaxed since I live in Indiana.

Gene

Posted on: 2011/8/27 20:17
1939 Buick Special

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
This move by CL stinks and should serve as a reminder to all that the web ceases to be free when corporations and their attorneys get involved. I'm sure eBay, now a 25% owner of CL, had their greedy little fingers involved in putting the brakes on Jaxed.

I'm just glad I was able to use Jaxed to find my Packard. Without it, the car might still be sitting in a barn in Illinois.

Posted on: 2011/8/28 0:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JT120
See User information
I never used jaxed but there are several other multi site/city search engines out there that include craigslist listings.

Posted on: 2011/8/28 10:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tfee
See User information
I searched Jaxed every day and have bought many parts using it. There are other websites that do similar CL searches but none make it so easy. I hope CL comes to their senses.

Posted on: 2011/8/28 11:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

ScottG wrote:

I'm just glad I was able to use Jaxed to find my Packard. Without it, the car might still be sitting in a barn in Illinois.

Jaxed was how I found my 1st 1951 Packard 200 Deluxe. It would seem to me that Craigs List shot themselves in the foot.

I didn't know that e-Bay was part owner of CL - That does go a long way to explaining the move.

Posted on: 2011/8/28 11:52
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
That really stinks. I loved Jaxed. And before that I loved Craigslook.

They haven't forced SearchTempest down yet, so here is a link to it:

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Posted on: 2011/8/28 16:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
Hey, thanks for the Search Tempest link! Gene

Posted on: 2011/8/28 16:26
1939 Buick Special

Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved