Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 210

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard Durability test video
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Great video - thoroughly enjoyed. There are plenty of still photos of the engine manufacturing at Utica, but seeing it in motion was special.

Thinking about the durability run, the actual run itself was outstanding, but I was also just thinking about the complex planning and logistics to support it. And it would be nice to have more details about the "essential" car maintenance during the run; for example, they must have had to change plugs and points at least once, and oil changes? Of course they wanted to do as little as possible and sacrifice some things in order to give the best timed performance.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 9:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
OD,

I was wondering if there was a way to see what the numbers were off the firewall for your data base?

Posted on: 2012/3/29 10:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Great "video" so to speak and I put it up on my FB page too.

Very coool.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 11:14
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff
See User information
It is my opinion that this car was one of the several pre-production units built during the latter stages of the Torsion-Level development program. The timing of the run was right, since these final prove-out units were built and run at the PPG for durability testing the summer of '54. I could be mistaken, but it makes sense to me. I can almost hear someone saying - while we're at it, let's go for a record!

Posted on: 2012/3/30 18:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved