Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

Charles, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: The tale of two fuel pumps cont.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Thanks Owen. I probably will down the road, rebuild the pump but time and money are not on my side right now. It was cheaper to buy a plug and play electric fuel pump than buying the rebuild kit THEN....the time to rebuild the pump.
I know it doesn't take that long to rebuild but I just don't have the time right now. Besides, as BigKev stated, once I do get it rebuilt, the 6 volt electric will be my priming pump for the orginal. All well that ends well.....

HotRod

Posted on: 2012/4/3 17:58
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My07Bobber,

The price difference between a rebuilt mechanical and a new electric fuel pump cannot be that much. You can get one from Feltz Terrill quickly. Much better to have the mechanical and then install an electric, if needed. We like to watch out for each other, based on knowledge from ours or others experiences. Just my opinion, but its better to do it right the first time. Good luck, and please keep us informed.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/4/3 18:16
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Thanks JW. I paid $57 and change shipped, be here Friday or Saturday. A rebuild kit was $59 plus time to rebuild it. An exchange with Feltz was $95 plus tax and shipping. Don't get me wrong, if time and money were not an issue, I would have gotten one from Feltz. May still do that or rebuild it myself. Not enough days between now and when I need to go to Austin.

HotRod

Posted on: 2012/4/3 18:40
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I saw your 400 at Salado and it looked much like the '54 Cavalier that was there too. You guys should have parked next to each other. Patina.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/4/3 22:09
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
I saw that too. I think his paint was a whole lot better than mine.....LOL

HotRod

Posted on: 2012/4/3 22:21
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
You should see his '52 200 Sedan. That car has patina. Unfortunately, he could only bring one to Salado.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/4/4 10:54
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved