Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

37th Annual Texas Packard Meet
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
April 4-6, 2014 is the date for the 37th Annual Texas Packard Meet. It is held annually at the Stagecoach Inn in Salado, Texas just fifty miles from Austin on Interstate 35.
This is the nation's oldest regional Packard meet and probably the largest. Last year there were over 60 Packards and approximately 200 people from all over Texas plus eleven other states. Participants enjoy an early bird tour, seminars, swap meet, "People's Choice" competition, banquet, and awards program. There will also be a meeting of the P.A.C. national board held in conjunction with the meet. For information contact the meet registrar at bclark@stic.net or 210 922 1300. You may also go to www.texaspackardmeet.com.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/9/15 16:34
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Re: 37th Annual Texas Packard Meet
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
The website has no info on the 2014 meeting.

Posted on: 2013/9/15 19:12
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
BDC - Not surprised, I should have checked the website before posting the notice. The Texas regions are a lightly bound organization with each region having a specific responsibility for the Meet. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will pass the word.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/9/15 21:09
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I wish that salado was a little closer, cause I would defenitly join but its just about 500 miles.

Posted on: 2013/9/15 21:43
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The webmaster is being notified and will be updating the site soon. In the meantime you may contact the registrar.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/9/16 10:50
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
BDC - You are a distance from Salado; however, we have participants from California, Colorado, Indiana, other states, and from throughout Texas. Some drive, some trailer, and some attend without a Packard. Please consider attending even without a Packard. We are a friendly bunch and welcome all. The event hotel is the Stagecoach Inn. It is usually booked in advance, but there are other nearby places to stay that are as nice if not nicer.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/9/16 11:29
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Bumping this to remind all about the upcoming Meet in Salado. It is not too early to start making plans to attend by Packard, train, airplane, or other make of vehicle. All are welcome! The more the merrier! In the meantime: Happy Holidays!!!

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/12/3 11:26
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
JW,
Thanks for the heads up.
I have always enjoyed the posts and pictures from Salado since joining PI.
I wanted to attend and promised to do that when I retire.
Well, I retired last month, so I will put it on my calendar.

Now, will I bring my 41 Clipper or not? Tow? Drive?
I will work on that in coming months.

Jim Hollingsworth told me about the Salado Meet at my first Packard meet in Des Moines in 2008. His death was a great loss
He befriended me and encouraged me to keep working on my 41 Clipper before he restored his. I had the privilege of being on the judging team that gave his 41 a First place. See photo link below of our two 41 Clippers at Brandon meet.

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=5523

Long story, BUT now I need to get to work on getting to Salado.
I would enjoy meeting Jim's friends and the four Packard Clubs. My state (SD) does not have a Packard club.
I am only 992 miles away from Salado here in SD. but my Clipper is at my brothers place in MO,
just a mere 587 miles from Salado. !!!!

Thanks Again
Dan

Posted on: 2013/12/3 12:35
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Dan - We would be most pleased to welcome you to Salado. Your connection with Jim is special. Starting with the 2014 Meet the award for the participant driving a Packard the longest distance to the Meet is in Jim's memory. You may well qualify to receive this award if you drive your '41 from Missouri. That would be special. I hope it comes to be. See you there!

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/12/3 17:51
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Dan,
I would also encourage to contact the PAC region in KC area. There are a few that drive down, maybe you can caravan with them.

Bob Aller would drive down in one of his Packards from the KC area with grandson. After the Salado meet he would drive his grandson back to Denver before returning to his home.

Posted on: 2013/12/3 19:50
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved