Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

FOR SALE: Set of 4 Hubcaps
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Edit: Set of 4 hubcaps for 1946-1950 Junior cars. A friend of mine picked them up at a car swap and thought they would work for my car. Being a dyed-in-the-wool factory guy, I can't use them on my '39 Six, but thought they might be great for the right car. OD is 12 3/4" and the ID of the clip opening on the inside is 7 3/4". I would rate them as 'good to very good' with a couple of minor dings that could be dollied out and polished. $25 each/set of 4 only. Shipping at actual cost. Chris.

Attach file:

jpg  (209.10 KB)
121627_5fac786270cc1.jpg 1732X1154 px

jpg  (220.80 KB)
121627_5fac78816e415.jpg 1732X1154 px

jpg  (236.08 KB)
121627_5fad85bf22e40.jpg 1920X1280 px

Posted on: 2020/11/11 18:50
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Re: FOR SALE: Set of 4 Hubcaps
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
They are for 1946-50 and there are 2 different types:
For Junior cars with 5-1/2" wide wheel rims the inner ring is about 3/8" lower than the outer edge.
For Senior cars with 6" wide wheel rims the inner ring is flush with the outer edge.

Posted on: 2020/11/11 20:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Thanks Brian - great info. I checked and the inner ring is, as you say, 3/8" lower than the outer edge, so they are for Junior cars. Nice set for someone 'in the market'. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/11/11 21:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
If they are the non-flush type, they will also be proper for 1951-1954 Henney-Packards.

Posted on: 2020/11/12 18:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Thank you Don. I am doing a lot of learning here; all I know about Packard hubcaps is which ones are correct for my '39 Six! If these are of interest to anyone and shipping costs from Canada would 'scare you off', I would look at bearing the difference between what it would cost in the US and actual Canada Post postage. I would normally mail them from my mailbox post office in Washington, but due to Covid, have been unable to go there for the better part of this year. And I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. Irrespective, if anyone wants these, I will 'make it work' re the freight. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/11/13 1:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Do they have the part number stamped on the inside? They look close to what goes on my '49, it has the "clip" rims.

Posted on: 2020/11/17 9:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Not sure Jim, I'll have to check. I don't recall seeing any numbers, possibly repros, but in decent shape nonetheless. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/11/18 15:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
They look like originals to me but if there is a number inside, that might confirm. It's usually ink-stamped somewhere behind or near the center hex and lettering.

It's been my experience that reproductions are quite noticeably different. They usually have much shallower and less defined hex and letter ring with a slightly different font. Case in point are wire wheel covers that I have. Two are original and two are reproduction and the differences are dramatic!

Posted on: 2020/11/18 16:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Thanks Don, I THOUGHT they looked like originals too, but, as I say, my knowledge on this stuff is pretty light and I appreciate any and all input. I will check for numbers where you suggest and report back. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/11/18 20:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You're welcome, Chris. If I were at my shop where could confirm the details, I might be tempted to get these for my 1951 Henney-Packard even though I already have a set and even a couple rough spares. These look so much better but I fear they may be too nice for a car as rough as mine! I also have some of the other type and even the ones with Cloisonn?.

Posted on: 2020/11/18 20:55
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved