Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 150

humanpotatohybrid, tuskman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Parting
Just popping in
Just popping in

tinhunter
See User information
Just picked up a rough 54 Henney. I need the block and a couple brake drums for my hearse, but everything else is available.

I may have a second limo coming in soon but unfortunately with scrap prices at an all time high, it's coming at a premium. If you need a particular part message me and I'll see what I can do.

Body is shot but jumpseats, trim, etc are intact. Rear doors are usable. Second car has a divider window.

Located near Cincinnati.

Attach file:

jpg  thumbnail_IMG_8752.jpg (130.06 KB)
184453_62658e9650fad.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2022/4/24 12:53
 Top  Print 

Re: Parting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The drums from a long wheelbase sedan or limousine won’t fit a hearse, unfortunately but maybe contact Mike Circo at Tucson Packards to see if he wants the remainder as he’s restoring one. If it has any remains of factory A/C, those pieces would interest me.

Posted on: 2022/4/24 18:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
What’s on the data plate on the driver side door post? What options are on the car? I don’t see a/c vents.

Posted on: 2022/4/24 22:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Okay, if the drums don't fit the existing backing plates and spindles, what about transferring all the brake parts? The hearse is heavier, but if he has nothing to work with can the limo brakes stop the thing?

I always liked those Reinhardt seven passengers. I think they are far more elegant than the over styled Cadillacs and the stretched 46-47 Clippers even if they can't get out of their own way.

Posted on: 2022/4/25 15:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The bolt circle is different for one thing with the hearse using 5.5” dia but I believe the spindles are different too. The rear brakes are totally different with the hearses having 14” drums that make the rear end much wider than the front due in part to the drums being very deep dish on the hearse. Of course, the hearse also uses 16” wheels while the passenger cars used 15”. I’m not sure but I believe that even the kingpins are larger on the hearse.

As for other parts, I would be interested in the driveshaft supports if removed intact rather than cut off. The rubber may be separated but that’s okay as long as all the pieces (including screws and nuts) are included. They look like this.

Attach file:

jpeg  CECD3F98-6D64-425E-9DDF-27A9D45FC98B.jpeg (41.69 KB)
60923_626791ec68471.jpeg 998X732 px

Posted on: 2022/4/26 1:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Mike Dulinsky might have hearse brake parts if I haven’t already bought them all! He’s parted out out a few. Also, Mike Circo at Tucson Packards has a Henney Junior but you didn’t say which one yours is so not sure of brake compatibility so you’ll have to research using the Packard parts book that is available here on this site in the Literature Archive. The back brakes are the same between Junior and Senior hearses but not sure of the front.

Posted on: 2022/4/26 1:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
So if the poor guy can't get anywhere why not transfer the limo powertrain and suspension parts? I know Packard was eccentric, but are the frames different or is the hearse like other commercial cars just a bag of beefier parts on a stock chassis?

The Custom 8 convertibles used 16 inch wheels, but most got discarded and replaced with 15 inch for convenience. Only a side by side display would notice that switch.

Posted on: 2022/4/26 11:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The commercial chassis was completely different than that on any passenger car whether long wheelbase or not. Even the Henney Junior with the same 127” wheelbase as senior passenger cars actually used a different chassis or at least a highly modified one with rear springs moved outside the chassis and heavier front springs, spindles and brakes. Other than engine, transmission and grille, very little interchanges.

Here is a hearse rear drum and here is a passenger car rear drum.

Posted on: 2022/4/26 12:10
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Bryan
See User information
Hello,
I would be interested in buying some exterior trim, the long spears that run the length of the rear fenders, if you have them. Thank you.

Attach file:

jpg  large_classic-packard-patrician-executive-sedan-limousine-sedan-saloon-1954-red-for-sale.jpg (127.64 KB)
198636_6288f1dd1c934.jpg 1200X900 px

Posted on: 2022/5/21 9:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The OP does not respond anymore and not even to PMs.

Posted on: 2022/5/21 11:23
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved