Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: window channel 56 400
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
Good find, BH.

Yes, the shop manual (even 51-54) doesn't provide complete info on side glass for the hardtop and convertible models, but you can sometimes gather just enough from the available clues to get by. Then, guided by the Group numbers provided by the "Parts Plates", details from the application listing in the parts book can also be quite telling.

Quote:
Looking at figure 53 in the Body Manual, how would you access the broken weld to repair it?

Best to remove the rear channel assembly from the door - as I described above. There are two brackets welded to the retainer, and each bolts up to an intermediate support, which is what is bolted to the door. It all comes out as one assembly, per door.

Posted on: 2012/8/7 8:49
 Top  Print   

Re: window channel 56 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
Just an FYI... JC Whitney still carries the window channels. Fairchild brand.

Here are the rigid styles:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/steel-core-window-channels/p2008545.jcwx?filterid=d1776y1949g2

Here are the rubber styles:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/all-rubber-window-channels/p2009944.jcwx?filterid=d1776y1949g2u0j1

They used to carry the rigid belts too. I can't seem to find them tho.

I can't recall if Steele Rubber carried them also.

Mark

Posted on: 2012/8/9 12:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved