Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
92 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1953 Packard Henny Jr
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tom Still
See User information
The number is in the 1952 series which indicates to me that the chassis and cowl were built in 1952 but the vehicle finally finished and titled in 1953. That would make sense; I understand the Jr. didn't sell as expected. They probably had a few leftover bodies at the end or the year. Are there any other differences between a 52 & 53 I can look for? The original fenders and hood were too crunched to save but were drilled for the 53 grill corners. The parts I collected came from a 53 Clipper that showed up in Pick a Part. The grill is a very nice one that came from the Packard International swap meet in Orange Ca several years ago. The corners were Ebay. Packard wouldn't have made some "Design Improvements" in 53 that would have moved bolt holes around would they?

There was a 53 or 4 Henny full size hearse in a storage lot a few years ago. I'll stop by and see if it's still there. If it is, I'll record the numbers for you. I see abandoned Packard's laying around all over, I'd be happy to keep a list of location and numbers if they can be of use. I'll send the numbers from my 55 in the V8 forum.

Also, I plan to attend the Orange Ca Packard swap meet Feb. 17. (barring rain) If anyone wants to make a wish list, I'll take it with me. I will make a special announcement on that about two weeks early. Any suggestions about will be appreciated.
Thanks. Tom

Posted on: 2012/12/30 12:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The only Henney Juniors titled as 1952 cars were the two prototypes. As I recall your particular Henney has a 1953 motor number which is consistent with the 1953 VN. I would expect that Packard and Henney hoped to produce more than just the 2 prototypes in 1952 but by the time all the pre-production wrinkles were ironed out it was time for the 1953 models to be introduced. That is supported by the fact that at least the first 13 Juniors had the pre-1953 windshield - thus it would seem these bodies were built in 1952.

There are some Henney experts out there, I believe (w/o checking) that The Packard Club has a Henney roster keeper who you might want to contact. Roster Keepers listed on The Packard Club website. Or if there is no Henney roster keeper, you could use the membership Directory and contact individual owners directly. We often see several postwar Henney's at the National Meets.

Posted on: 2012/12/30 12:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Packard wouldn't have made some "Design Improvements" in 53 that would have moved bolt holes around would they?

Not sure exactly what you mean by the question. Don't believe any main mounting bolts moved but they did change molding shapes over the years and thus the hole locations for those changes. Different strip locations for 51-53 cars and of course 54 had changes as well. I believe those year design changes would also apply to Henney bodies.

Here is a illustration they provided for dealers showing the different layouts. SC Vol 27#2 advised that service replacement fender stock would be simplified to only a single right and left fender. Those would come undrilled with paint marks in the locations shown so dealers would drill their own holes for various year moldings.

Attach file:

jpg  (38.33 KB)
209_50e07e46a2a95.jpg 712X561 px

Posted on: 2012/12/30 12:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved