Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Can anyone demystify interior trim codes?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Making progress. Seat cloth is in and looks correct. SMS has the trim 68, gray/ivory hounds tooth check fabric.
I found the part numbers for the sidewall, 414413, and the headliner, 414415, fabrics and the carpet,414572.
Does anyone know how to look up/cross reference these and find the original colors/materials?
They would have had a master reference for purchasing/inventory but who knows if it survived...
I'm pretty sure the tannish color that is commonly seen on most survivors is mostly due to deterioration, aka toasted cotton. My headliner varies as you move away from under the trim molding to out and out burnt toast. The side wall's are more UV bleached deterioration than toasted but have some tanning.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 19:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
This is very interesting. When I did my 1950 Series 23 Deluxe 8 interior a year ago I just sent an unfaded sample of material to everyone who advertised materials and got samples. Then I picked the closest one for each material. Nobody had every material. The results were close but not perfect. Prices varied from a bargain to expensive but I did not let that influence my choices. The hardest material to get right was the windlace. There were issues with both color and pattern.

I replaced everything except the seat fabric. That was covered up with a nice set of NOS vintage seat covers, which were an option in the old days. I paid an uphostery shop to put the seat covers on and improve the fit to perfect.

Posted on: 2013/12/3 10:48
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Can you: 1) tell me what trim code you had? 2) what materials you ended up using? There's a 50/50 chance it's the same based on the part #'s. That's good odds for me.
I'm in need of the "correct" color/cloths for trim 68 - side wall cloth and headliner. Headliner was either some lt. gray or more likely ivory(I think) I think the side walls match but is a heavier fabric. The cotton naps look right.
I kind of did it to myself, because I set out to make the interior "original". I like a challenge... Next time black naugahyde!
If I had some "unfaded" material, I'd be happy. My interior was essentially squirrel, etc. habitat baked in the sun. I took out ~45 gals of nuts, soybeans, etc. out of mostly between the back seat back and trunk divider. {Maybe guiness record?} What I thought was color under the molding, rinsed out.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 9:17
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved