Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 132

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Gas Tank Relining
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

packprince
See User information
That is what I like "cheap Bast$&ds" I make a very high quality stanless steel take for a very quality car, and all you cheapo's worry about a few bucks. The crap you dump in your tank ends up in Carb. I have posted pic's and info in forums and have sold 6 tanks to people who were tired of dicking with this problem. UNREAL

Posted on: 2008/9/27 17:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If someone would have offered a new and truly "correct" tank for my Packard years back, I would have probably bought it instead of relining my 34 tank, but that was 20+ years ago and never a problem since. So even then (some of) the coatings used then must be alcohol-resistant. My 56 tank is uncoated but still bright and shiny inside, but one of these days.... But I understand the stainless tank offered is not an exact duplicate of the V8 Packard tank. Correct?

Posted on: 2008/9/27 18:18
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
PackPrince....lets tone it down a bit. Not sure if you are having a bad day or what.

Not all of us have the luxury of spending $1,000 on a new tank. If someone does, then great that is then probably the best solution for them. I know I dont have that kind of extra scratch laying around. But I may be able to come up with $200 to have a rad shop boil it out so I can get my car back on the road.

Posted on: 2008/9/27 18:29
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved