Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 130

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 21 »

Re: Russian Chaika [means seagull]
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I've always wanted to visit Russia. BUT, i don't like to fly or get too far from shore. So i need to figure out a way to drive. Everyone discourages me from driving across the Bering Streights. Not practicle to do???

Posted on: 2008/10/6 20:59
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Guscha. Do u live on the East side of the Berlin wall or the West side of the Berlin Wall???

Posted on: 2008/10/6 21:01
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
i found this about the Zil-111 :
http://www.autogallery.org.ru/zil111.htm

From the website:
Years of production: 1959-1963, pre-series in 1958
Overall production: 112 units (including ZIL-111G)
Body: 7-seater 4-door limousine (111A - with air conditioning) or cabriolet (ZIL-111V, 1960-1962)
Engine: 200hp/4200rpm, V8-cyl, 4-stroke 5,996cc
Compression ratio: 9,0 : 1
Bore/Stroke: 100/95mm

Note that 6 litres - 366 cubic inches.
100mm bore = 3.937 inches or 3-15/16 inchs.
95mm stroke = 3-3/4 inch stroke.

Posted on: 2008/10/6 21:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I'd like to have a Russian license plate. One with many Russian alphabet on it. I will go see if there is one on eBay.

I would as well, along with a German plate from the late '20s-early '30s. Have vintage Kansas plates to trade.

Posted on: 2008/10/7 1:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
PackardV8--re: driving to Russia--There was a film critic at the Dallas times-herald in the 1980s by the name of John Bloom, he reviewed the latest movies as any big paper critic does, he used a lot of terms that you would hear Siskel and Ebert drop, and was very intellectual in his writing about the latest Woody Allen film or Hollywood offering.
Then there was his alter-ego, Joe Bob Briggs, the country-fied, boots and jeans and cowboy hat wearin' Drive-in going movie critic. Bloom was really cool this way, he divided product into two categories, "Films" and "Movies".
As Jo Bob, he would write these hilarious reviews of movies the big paper critics wouldn't touch--things like the "Friday the 13th" series, "Halloween" and any other movie whose strengths were car chases, explosions, gratuitous nudity, and slashing. These reviews were written in Texan (a language onto itself) and were very fun to read.

ANYWAY

In one of his columns Joe Bob is invited to the Caan Film festival (in southern France) and in a series of later columns he writes about the experience of driving his Tornado to France, first to a port in South Carolina, then aboard a Greek freighter headed to France. The logistics of only traveling by car are really funny in these columns, and his descriptions of driving the Tornado through France are funny.
Of course, John Bloom was sent to Caan by the paper, flew coach and stayed at the Marriott.

You can catch up with Joe Bob athttp://www.joebobbriggs.com

Posted on: 2008/10/7 7:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Gusha, I won't argue much about the innovate part because I really don't know enough about Russian products. All I can say, from a casual observer point of view is that they did seem to do a lot of copying --from WWII bombers to Packards to some electronic products to their version of the space shuttle.

I will give them credit for taking some things to new territory though. A prime example there would be their air planes. I believe they were on cutting edge of jets, SST development (even though they lost their only plane), and made the largest planes flying in the world today.

Posted on: 2008/10/9 17:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Again Interesting. At first glance, that GAZ 13 looks like it has 55-6 Packard power window switches and partly an early 50's Chrysler engine compartment.

You probably wouldn't know but wondered about the interior. It looks like it has been changed? Not sure I would have chosen the brown interior and black body. It does look plush but doesn't match the door panels. Were there carpets at one time or is that a worn pattern on a mat.

The Leningrad 57 series, third from last picture looks like an early 50's Cadillac.

Posted on: 2008/10/13 16:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Gerd,

Any info on the Armored Car in the last pic of yours?

Attach file:

jpg  (98.29 KB)
226_48f402cbdd4de.jpg 729X900 px

Posted on: 2008/10/13 21:24
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
To me, now this is a nice car. Very dignified and befitting the intended passenger. In a couple of picts (#06 shows well), there are slots at each side of front seat. Is that just decoration or maybe a light or heater vent?

Posted on: 2008/10/16 19:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

Guscha wrote:
Yes Mal, I have. The car is a Остин Путиловский. Not sure If your system is showing the Cyrillic script. It is an Austin-Putilov, a British design............Here you will find a little bit technical specifications:
http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/ww1/WW1.html

Gerd,

The Cyrillic script certainly shows OK. Kudos to BigKev.

And two things. First, the amount of research you've done is impressive, with the pictures, links and comments certainly adding a further dimension. Second, is the social commentary you provide by means of these. I'm certainly learning a lot about what's termed "former eastern bloc countries" as well.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 21:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 21 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved