Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Electromatic Clutch?
Just popping in
Just popping in

Jbgeer
See User information
I have a 46 custom super clipper limo. There are 2 pulls under the dash that are connected to nothing. Do you know what electromagnetic clutch one looks like? Thanks john

Posted on: 2020/10/1 19:55
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day John(Jbgeer),
to PackardInfo but sorry I can't help with your question.

However, I do invite you to include your '46 Custom Super Clipper Limo in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2020/10/1 20:24
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The prewar conventional bodies had a cable operated on/off switch but the Clipper Electromatic control for the operator is nothing more than an on/off switch in the chrome center section. It's chrome knob is styled the same as the other knobs and for 46-7 is labeled ELECTROMATIC. The overdrive has a large round pull knob under the dash slightly to the right of the steering column directly under the speedometer but other than that there are normally no other pull type switches or even knobs connected to a cable -- however, there is a possible exception.

If all the spare spaces in the center were used for other accessory electrical switches then if the car has the option, possibly a heater Fresh Air control cable could have been mounted under the dash. That has a cable that would go to a flapper valve in an air duct on the engine side behind the front defroster or heater. The only other stock push or pull knob could be a small one to the left of the steering column. It would be directly attached to a valve if the car has the optional vacuum antenna. If you could post a photo it might help to identify the second knob.

Offhand I don't know what it would be but there might be something aftermarket or maybe in a limo, an option pertaining to the rear compartment where a control was added for the driver to operate.

Posted on: 2020/10/1 20:45
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You'll need to be sure you have the proper transmission for it as there was a governor similar to that on the overdrive transmission but needed even without the overdrive option.

Posted on: 2020/10/2 13:10
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2020/10/14 1:38
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved