Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: VERY Basic Packard model history wanted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon mfowler...I drive a 1949 23rd series deluxe and Miss Prudence is a great girl, a bit chubby here and there, but a great girl non the less. She drives well and keeps up with traffic and for a good part of the year, she shares daily driving duties with my 1931 Ford Model A Tudor, Miss Princess.

Completely different machines, but both are great fun. If you purchase a 23 series, I believe that you will grow to love her, and drive her, a good deal of the time. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2019/2/25 14:42
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Fred Kanter saw your post and asked me to forward this along to you.

Dear Sir,

Kanter Auto Products is a major supplier of restoration parts for Packards and all other makes. In our collection we have a 23rd series Super Eight Deluxe 4 door sedan in excellent condition, we've had it for over 40 years.

With advancing age (74 &77) we've started to sell some of our collection. The car is priced fairly at $15,000 and will be fully roadworthy when sold. It needs some "freshening up" after a ten year rest which is included in the price.

Sincerely

Fred and Dan Kanter

Posted on: 2019/2/25 19:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Wow...Coming out of Fred's fleet, this will be a great deal for anyone who would like to have a 23rd series that is ready roll down the road...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2019/2/25 20:27
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Some additional comments to Howard's excellent description of the body differences. Most of the 51-54 bodies are the same, but there are some differences. All the front fenders are the same 51-54 junior, senior, all the same. But there are differences in the rear quarter panels; 51-52 have a body line that the 53-54 do not. Also, tail light changes like for the '54 Clipper need a different quarter panel. The 51-52 models have rounded corner windshields, while 53-53 have square corner windshield. So there are differences where the A-pillars meet the roof. The biggest change is in the trim, especially the grille between the 52 and 53 model years. But given all of that, they are very, very similar from a mechanical standpoint, except for the brake and wheel changes on the '54 Clipper Specials and Deluxes.

Posted on: 2019/2/26 13:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved