Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Power Window Master Switch
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
Thanks Fellas, I know if the late Dick Benjamin, who I bought the car from, would have one but sadly he is no longer with us. I just pulled mine apart and it looks like the "L" shaped nylon pieces that go under the buttons and press on the electrical contacts are worn at the bottom, making them a little shorter than they originally were. I'm going to look for some extra strong wearing "glue" and try to build then back up, and file off any excess. I'm thinking this is worth a try before resuming the chase for a replacement switch. Thanks for all of the advice, you've been most helpful. Cheers, John

Posted on: 2021/3/14 0:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Dick was a good friend of mine too! Good to hear him still being remembered so fondly.

Posted on: 2021/3/14 0:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
G'day Don, I agree with you about Dick. He was a thorough gentleman and very knowledgeable about Packards, particularly the V8's. He looked after me and other Club members in Australia and all had the same opinion of him. A few years ago a Packard Club mate and I travelled to the US and we stayed a week with Dick and Nancy and had a great time. His sheds were full of Packards and parts and we did transact some parts business while we were there. I suppose all has been well and truly sold off by now - pity as he had a lot of good stuff which we could buy.

Now, I've been fiddling with my master switch and decided to try an experiment before going too much further. I took out the "L' shaped nylon push rods from each end of the switch and swapped them over. In other words, swapped the worn driver's window ones with a pair of good ones. I don't understand why but all windows now work, seemingly properly. I tried to take a photo of the push rods so others could see what I'm going on about, but I'm afraid my old shakey hands didn't do a very good job. I'll still keep a look out for another switch though for spare parts, but no hurry. Cheers, John

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_3203.JPG (130.80 KB)
237_604ef1fc34801.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/3/15 0:35
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved