Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 109

Packard Don, DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Help PLEASE 1930 super 8 exhaust manifold
Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Yes, recently had someone who solves a lot of my problems for me powder coat the exhaust manifold on their '29 Hudson and it looks fantastic.

I know dozens of muscle car guys who had their exhaust manifolds powder coated plain gray bare metal looking years ago and they still look like brand new. That stuff holds up.

And the guys are right, the porcelain treatment, if you're going to drive the car at all, is only going to last a few years. Mine was porcelainized back when they restored it 20 years ago but the car really wasn't driven much (only 300 miles in 20 years). I've put over 400 miles on it since August and that glossy finish is starting to spider web and crack already.

Posted on: 2022/1/5 9:45
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

GaryinSC
See User information
Attached photo showing ceramic coating on my 32. This is Cerakote done by a powder coat guy. You must remove all the porcelain coating in order for this to stick. It is a bit fragile but can be easily repaired by scuffing with 220 and recoat yourself. I suggest warming the manifold a bit as that seems to make the repair flow out better. This is a high temp coating and will stay looking the same over time. No one does porcelain like the original so forget that if you plan you use the car. Also note the carb linkage like your car should have, the fiberglass down pipe wrap, which will help with the heat on the passenger side of the car especially when it it hot ourside.

Attach file:

jpg  ceramic coating manifold2.jpg (276.85 KB)
165673_61d5bdf9cc0c4.jpg 1920X1280 px

Posted on: 2022/1/5 10:49
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Rich1028
See User information
That's I nice looking engine! Thanks for the info....

Posted on: 2022/1/5 14:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved