Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

bertus cardinaal, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Parts for sale
Just popping in
Just popping in

Holland Dell
See User information
I'm not having any luck finding the VIN tag. I'll have to do a more thorough search in the Spring. I was knee deep in snow yesterday and didn't see anything near the top of the firewall.

Posted on: 2022/1/18 13:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
If it’s there it would be obvious since it’s quite large. Sounds like it’s missing. Do you see four small holes in a square pattern somewhere on the driver’s side upper cowl?

Posted on: 2022/1/21 12:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I have a 37 and the large square tag is there with the 4 screws/holes, but that is different than a serial number that shows on the ownership. The Packard vehicle identification number indicates the model and where it was built, delivered and when, that is the large square plate. The serial number however is nowhere to be found on that plate. I was unable to locate one anywhere on my car and it has now been completely disassembled and stripped of all paint and rust.
Bob J.

Attach file:

jpg  data plate.jpg (87.76 KB)
225215_61eb1083b42f3.jpg 945X614 px

Posted on: 2022/1/21 15:01
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

series014
See User information
I am looking for headlight buckets and rings. Are thy still available Thanks
Dean

Posted on: 2022/4/19 10:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

Bob J wrote:
I have a 37 and the large square tag is there with the 4 screws/holes, but that is different than a serial number that shows on the ownership. The Packard vehicle identification number indicates the model and where it was built, delivered and when, that is the large square plate. The serial number however is nowhere to be found on that plate. I was unable to locate one anywhere on my car and it has now been completely disassembled and stripped of all paint and rust.
Bob J.

The vehicle number on that plate is the legal "VIN". While it gives the body style, it also gives the sequential number, which together makes up the serial number.

Posted on: 2022/4/19 10:55
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As clearly indicated on the plate, it's a vehicle number, NOT a serial number.

Posted on: 2022/4/19 11:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Understood... but, Packard's "vehicle number" IS a serial number... one that should be used when titling and registering the car.

Posted on: 2022/4/19 15:28
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved