Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
92 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 90

Rich49, Kenbwisc, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Cluster lights 51 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
There are 4 bulbs to illuminate the instrument cluster, one on each side of the speedometer and one on each side of the clock
Another 2 bulbs on each side of the speedometer dial for oil and generator lights plus 2 more on top of the cluster in the centre, one for high beam and one for signal light indicator

Posted on: 2022/7/4 14:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
If it helps, I have a really nice 1951 cluster out of the car and can photograph it when I’m next at my shop in a couple weeks. It’s from a senior model so may have slight differences (possibly left and right turn indicators) but overall it’s the same.

Posted on: 2022/7/4 14:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Here is what you want. And here is the bulb that you have to change to get it. There are 4 general illumination bulbs, plus one turn signal, one high beam, one oil pressure, and one charge bulb.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_6487.JPG (80.47 KB)
618_62c38581dd6d8.jpg 1408X1056 px

jpg  IMG_6463.jpg (236.38 KB)
618_62c385b366ffe.jpg 1675X1096 px

Posted on: 2022/7/4 19:29
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

51Pack
See User information
Ross, great pics and thanks. Your clusters look exactly like mine. I think I mentioned before that the front view on mine has two illumination bulbs for the clock cluster, one for the speedometer cluster and one for the fuel/temp/battery cluster. Total of four. I have the bulbs that light up for high beam, battery, temp and turn signal working. Looking at my clusters I had assumed that the speedometer and the fuel/temp/battery would have two illumination bulbs each instead of one. It appears not. So based on what I mention above all of mine are working properly right? Again thanks David

Posted on: 2022/7/4 21:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
If switching to LED, be sure to use bulbs of the appropriate colors to match the lenses. For example, if red lenses, use red bulbs or if green, use green as otherwise LEDs will be too bright and will overpower the little plastic lenses in the cluster. Also, LEDs are very directional so try to pick those with light all around.

Posted on: 2022/7/4 21:48
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

51Pack
See User information
Don Thanks for the info

Posted on: 2022/7/5 10:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved