Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
186 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 182

29tons, 37Blanche, Alvin14, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Need correct screws to attach top bows on a '35 12 coupe-roadster
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
A little wood glue and pieces of broken wood toothpicks will also do the trick. Otherwise the holes can be plugged with a wood dowel, then redrilled.

both work, but a wood plug would be better than a dowel because the grain runs in the same direction as the original part

Posted on: 2022/10/8 7:39
 Top  Print   

Re: Need correct screws to attach top bows on a '35 12 coupe-roadster
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Looking through my files shows variations consistent with the parts book not listing those fasteners.

When they are done right flathead screws are exquisite and it appears that on the V-12 they were paying a little extra care with some fasteners although for that car it probably depends on who was working on it.

What you do get with the oval head screw is more contact with the screwdriver blade. They are very forgiving. For flat head screws you need to use high quality cabinet screwdrivers.

Imagine a long series of screws with the heads absolutely flush with the metal. I've done that and had people give the wow factor.

Posted on: 2022/10/8 11:11
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved