Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: '37 120 Windshield
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Hear, hear! Second HH56. Having bought from both Metro and Steele for various Packards over the many decades, suggest Metro so long as what they have fits the bill. Steele is good, anyone long in business well understands overhead, the cost of jigging up, tooling.

But perusing some of Steele's exhorbitant prices, you get the impression they've got a captive audience and well milk same, some of us remembering when this a hobby. (Cue harp strums.)

Try Metro. A bit of competition never hurts if you, too, believe in enlightened capitalism. Lord have mercy, now we're onto politics again.

Posted on: 2023/2/8 2:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
Correct. Glass setting tape ia all that is necessary.

Missed that one,, OOPs,,, Used the setting tape on the 4 vent windows from " The Glass MAn" on my 37 ii5 c this winter. it worked quite well

Posted on: 2023/2/8 22:49
Larry Reber
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dbedsole
See User information
I used glass setting tape for the windshield, no weather stripping available for a '37 120 4 door convertible. The tape worked fine, the only problem was getting the four re-chromed pieces to fit together properly.
I have replaced all six door window glass, I was able to find a suitable weather stripping for the chromed frames but used glass setting tape to set the glass in the base channels.

Posted on: 2023/2/10 9:45
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved