Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 128

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Wanted: Unmolested 1956 Patrician or Four Hundred
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Pretty much all of those cars cannot have the original paint anymore. Especially in those years, many of the new color formulations did not last as long as the more traditional ones before.

Ross told me a story one time, he knew someone back in the day that had a 56 Patrician with the copper tone paint, that needed repainted in just a couple years of ownership, and had other annoyances like excessive water-spotting after the rain.

Posted on: 2023/4/30 19:35
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Re: Wanted: Unmolested 1956 Patrician or Four Hundred
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
Maybe, and it's from Max Merritt, so I'm not surprised. That said, it's a car, and most don't sell for what was asked.

He asked for unmolested. I found one. And someone always wants to question either the manner or the foundling.

Hello...

Thanks. "Unmolested" in my parlance generally refers to unchanged from original.

The Patrician in this case, while a nice-looking example has indeed been modified and does indeed have several things changed. So considering the price as well...

• the interior has been re-done somewhere along the way. The front seat does not appear to be original. The dash top is certainly not original with a very different vinyl cover in linoleum pattern. The factory A/C vents have had all of the paint removed from them and are shown in bare bakelite (they were never this way from the factory).

* the anti-short tray for the pushbuttons appears to be mounted differently and re-painted body color (they never were).

• The engine sides of the fender splash wells have been re-painted black for some reason (they were always body color from the factory).

• The vehicle exterior has been re-painted and body color was also sprayed over the door lock srtrikers in the door jambs.

• Decals in the engine compartment have been changed to wrong type and the factory air conditioning decal appears to be missing.

• Radio has been changed to modern AM/FM.

And there are other things I notice. Certainly most of the modifications can be returned to original.... but then this is another set of restorations. So. I just don't want to get into a car where I have to figure out somebody's modifications and then how to un-do them... and then comes the work and time of putting things back to original.

I've owned plenty of old cars in my life, and I realize all old cars wiil always need some kind of work. But I'm just not looking for un-customizing a modified car just to get it back to where it was in the first place...

Thanks anyway.

Posted on: 2023/5/1 9:11
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved