Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 121

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Speedometer Accuracy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I had a speedo error when I went to steel belted tires. After looking at the process of removing the speedo I went with the option of installing one of the gear box adjusters.

Don't remember how much it cost, but I think it was in the $100 range which included a short pig tail cable. It took longer to jack the car up than to install it.

Posted on: 2023/5/8 19:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
If changing tires caused a significant speedometer error, you've also changed your engine speed at any given road speed. Most older cars can benefit from larger diameter tires, within reason. Larger than stock diameter tires will cause the speedometer to read slower than the actual road speed. Smaller diameter tires will do the opposite.

Posted on: 2023/5/8 21:53
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Redhexagon
See User information
Even P235/75R15 radials have more revolutions per mile than the original 8.00-15's. It's significant. Those are the tires that mine has and my speedometer is off about 12%.

Reasons to not have radials. I've driven these cars on both radial and bias. I prefer the latter.

Posted on: 2023/6/1 22:49
1955 Patrician.
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved