Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 153

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: "1999" Packard to be auctioned on eBay May 26
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Craig has stated that the 99 Packard was as the 100 birthday that PI put on, I find it very strange that Gullickson would have turned down an offer by PAC to show his 1999 Packard at Warren.

John, yes, not doubt - two sides to every story. Originally PAC and PI had some sort of agreement to combine forces in the Centennial at Warren but in the end PI went their own way in Cleveland. The real shame is that the two of them couldn't put aside whatever their differences were for just one time to celebrate the Centennial. Maybe they decided to wait another 100 years to reconcile. That said, there were MANY PI members at Warren.

Posted on: 2009/5/23 18:38
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Roman
See User information
Portlandon makes a great point! It DOES look alot like a Tucker!

Actually, I look at it THIS way....

I would love nothing more than to buy a NEW Packard....that would be just awesome! I would guess that if Packard was around today, it WOULD be up to the standards, quality and prestige of a Rolls Royce (I didn't say it would look like one)!

SECONDLY, on the other hand;

I think that Packard, (and other Independents like it) have the ''last laugh'' of sorts. Today, Duesenbergs, Packards, Pierce-Arrows and the like are priceless automobiles. They didn't have government regulations, miles of smog control hoses and equipment bogging them down. They didn't have to worry about bad designs and egineering in the 1970's......Packard and the others are for the most part, priceless peices of art...and are treasured for what they WERE. The history and prestege will NEVER go away....unlike Cadillac, Imperial, and others that lost their way. Thats my opinion.

Roman

Posted on: 2009/5/23 19:36
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Roman
See User information

Posted on: 2009/5/27 19:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Well, did this thing sell?

I always thought it was pretty tastefully done. If they really wanted to sell it, they had to make the styling fairly mainstream. Would anybody suggest a massaged '56 style? I don't see how it could be done.

The side view is probably least appealing to me. The bulges are too pronounced. Front and back are better. I like the clever way that the PACKARD badge was integrated with the grill. A unique styling touch.

The engine bay looks nice and clean, but slapping that big aluminum plenum on top of everything leaves nothing much to look at, other than the spiffy valve covers.

Interesting they noted that the engine is available in "special" GM pickups and SUVs. They must be pretty special. Anyone seen an actual application? Maybe only available for special national security deployment...

Posted on: 2009/10/25 1:29
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The whole car looks like a mid '90s Chrysler LHS with a bathtub grille and '47 Clipper side bulges tacked on. Ugly!

Posted on: 2009/10/25 2:16
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved