Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

Roland Irle, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Unidentified Packard part
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Can't think of anything it would be for at rear axle as the transverse shock is only thing there (if used on exports) and it mounts diagonally with a bracket. 29+ inches isn't too long for shift linkage for LHD on this side of pond. If you notice the picture from parts manual, the pair go from approx mid engine - base of steering column area all the way to trans levers.

I have never seen a RHD setup so don't know how gearshift lever connects to trans -- if those bars are shorter or even how things route. Maybe that lever is for a LHD car. If you have the opportunity, would sure appreciate some pictures of the mechanicals to see the changes that were made.

Attach file:

jpg  (17.25 KB)
209_4b6d97dc567e9.jpg 430X336 px

Posted on: 2010/2/6 11:25
 Top  Print   

Re: Unidentified Packard part
Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael Evans
See User information
Thanks HH56

Yes the long selector rod with the big curve is the one !!

Many thanks to everyone, I have passed the news and photo on to my friend who in his turn too says "Thanks"

Michael

Posted on: 2010/2/8 5:02
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved