Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 135

soulrenovation, happy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: stop light switch 56 pat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
Thanks Randy, Yes I was referring to the VW switch,but I picked up a NAPA ECHLIN SL159 switch that is supposed to be a replica of the OEM Packard switch and it works just like the VW. Sounds like you have one of the oem's or at least one of the same design. Do you know who manufactured yours.
I didn't intend to imply the service manual is incorrect, just unclear since fgure 96,p-63 shows purple going to the middle term while on page 65, fig 97 purple appears to go to a different term and lt. grn seems to be the center term.
However I do realize neither dwg is intended to be used to determine circuit logic and is actually a wire id dwg.
I only wanted to help the next guy, who like me is new to Packard cars and may find like me,that information like how a oem switch actually works may take a while.
I like your saying about "Theory Vs Practice", I find it to be true everyday.

Posted on: 2007/10/28 18:37
 Top  Print   

Re: stop light switch 56 pat
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Where did u get the steering column bracket for mounting the GM switch???

Posted on: 2007/10/28 20:13
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved