Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 113

29tons, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Top Gear
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello JW:

Here is a link to the Top Gear Guy as a passenger in a U2 spy plane. Pretty cool & inspiring stuff:

http://www.wimp.com/breathtakingfootage/

BTW, wimp.com publishes about 5 videos each day. Worth the look.

They also allow you to download all videos to your computer - you will have to dowhload "Realtime Player." So you can kiss your DVR goodbye.

Enjoy

Posted on: 2010/11/27 11:04
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Anyone catch tonights episode? The blind guy wining the drift competition was epic. Jaw dropping.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 2:01
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I have a slight issue with the "spirited" driving on public roads.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 8:14
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
I;m new to this site and still learning. I think this stuff is cool, once i gave my teen ago boys flights in Italian trainer fighters in Calif. But this has nothing to do with the world of Packardom. I thought this site was limited to Packard related things???? If not, can I put up a Martha Stewart video on souffles?? pot roast??

Lost in space

Fred Kanter

Posted on: 2010/11/29 9:16
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

fred kanter wrote:
I;m new to this site and still learning. ..... I thought this site was limited to Packard related things???? If not, can I put up a Martha Stewart video on souffles?? pot roast??

Lost in space

Fred Kanter

Fred, You will learn that Packard topics quite often drift into entirely different subject matter. We once had a dicussion about who was the best army general of all time beginning with Alexander the Great so a thread about Martha Stewart souffles would not surprise me.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 9:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Martha Stewart may now have a larger empire than Alexander the Great...maybe we can look up net worth and army size and adjust for inflation?

Posted on: 2010/11/29 10:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
I was confused as some forums that got off subject were warned that they would be shut down. Teh "of subject" material had to do with the accuracy and truthfullness of the posts which had become I guess "distasteful" to someone.

Now if someone would discuss Martha's 26 ways to cook liver I would find that distasteful so I guess taste is in the mouth of the beholder.

Now about that souffle...

Posted on: 2010/11/29 11:39
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Our forums do tend to wander a bit so almost anything is fair game in a subject heading. Makes trying to search for an answer you know is there on Ultramatics always so interesting because if it is found, it may well be in a subject labeled clocks. Martha Stewart, while not my favorite category, is perfectly acceptable.

I think those threads that get shut down are when a few go at it continuously trying to one up the other with the last word. After Kev gives a polite cease and desist, asks they stick to the subject at hand but are still at it, off it goes. Fortunately, that is usually the exception, not the norm and most here are polite and respectful.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 11:53
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
I believe that Martha and Packards are more similar topics than one might think:

http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/pub/weddings/2004Q4//mw1203_win04_29packard_xl.jpg

Posted on: 2010/11/29 12:00
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wallis
See User information
Quote:

fred kanter wrote:
I was confused as some forums that got off subject were warned that they would be shut down. Teh "of subject" material had to do with the accuracy and truthfullness of the posts which had become I guess "distasteful" to someone.

Now if someone would discuss Martha's 26 ways to cook liver I would find that distasteful so I guess taste is in the mouth of the beholder.

Now about that souffle...

Of course Kevin has the last word, but this thread started in the "General Subjects" forum with the topic being a TV show, so it would not be too far off topic if Martha's liver recipes popped up.

On the other hand, if there were a thread in the Pre-War forum regarding Bijur lubricators and someone chimed in talking about their grand daughter's ballet shoes, that would obviously be "off topic".

I agree with Howard and Kev is a pretty tolerant admin, but if members continue chipping away at each other after a warning the thread often gets locked....justifiably so IMHO.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 12:55
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved