Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 22 Series - Front Shock R & R Advice
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
That's exactly how it works. I've never had problems using them. I wouldn't keep it clamped for days, though. IF it causes a problem, chances are that hose should have been replaced anyway. Of course, you only clamp it tight enough to keep it from leaking, not as hard as you can.

Posted on: 2011/4/6 12:09
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Update
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Michal
See User information
Just a little follow-up that I'm over the hump on this job. Thanks to the advice here, I forged ahead with pulling the spring to get to the bolts securing the shock and am glad I did. Wasn't much to the spring but those nuts under the shock were just shy of frozen stiff.

Soaked penetrating oil on them and still had to get a breaker on 3 of the 4. Woulda been a nightmare to try getting a FIRM grip up through & around the springs. I'll resume reassembly in the morning and looking forward to much anticipated and much improved handling...

Attach file:

jpg  (33.67 KB)
2646_4da14e8d917c2.jpg 639X478 px

jpg  (35.92 KB)
2646_4da14e98c8eca.jpg 640X478 px

jpg  (47.84 KB)
2646_4da14eb2546c8.jpg 640X478 px

Posted on: 2011/4/10 1:31
Michal

Proud owner of a '48 2272 but I really wanted a club sedan?
 Top  Print   

Re: Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
While u're at it, check the inner lower control arm bushings at the FRAME end. If they are worn then mite as well replace those now while u're into it.

Do the inner control arm bushings have grease fitings on them???

Posted on: 2011/4/10 8:56
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved