Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
66 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 62

JD in KC, Alvin14, acolds, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: East Grand Blvd meets Gorky Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Guscha some Ebay sellers will sell outside the country even if the ad says they won't.

I have emailed sellers and asked if they will, about half will agree. I live in Canada.

As far as who copies who, all designers look at each others work and keep up with the state of the art. The Chaika bears only a vague resemblance to a Packard, with overtones of Ford, Chrysler, and Oldsmobile. If that is a copy then all cars are the same.

I don't think I want to see a picture of Kruschev holding his first banana.

That brings up another good question. For all the monkeying around the Russians did in banana republics how come they never got their hands on any bananas?

Posted on: 2011/9/22 17:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Quote:

another German wrote:
I am also interested to know underlying facts. How could the Russkies ignore international industrial property rights?

M. G.

I do know that the US would not have an international copyright agreement with the Soviet. If they had, the Russians could have blocked the publication of any literature they found offensive. The US did not want such censorship of anti Soviet views.

This meant American books and magazines could be published in the Soviet Union without royalties and without permission.

I believe the same reasoning applied to patents.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 17:55
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

another German
See User information
Thanks! As a quid pro pro the USAF tested everything available Russian airplane part.

"I believe it was a bomber, and they even copied the patch panel that covered a hole in the plane, instead of making the panel solid without it as the plane had been made in the US." ???

Do you believe in Santa? Sorry, that sounds like cold war rhetoric.

Posted on: 2011/10/1 10:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...B-29 i believe, and the soviet was the TU-70.

Okay, without expert knowledge but by help of the internet I believe to be allowed to state that the B-29 was a long range bomber whereas the mentioned TU-70 has been a passenger aircraft (and moreover a one-off prototype).
The same sources describe many and conspicuously similarities between B-29 and TU-4 but don't conceal the differences, e.g. the Soviets used Soviet drivetrains. No matter which, all sources are fully in accord to report that the Soviets had three B-29 in consequence of turmoil of war. Against this backdrop, the legend of the copied hole loses a large amount of its power to convince.
The emerging Soviet industry operated a brazen-faced replicator system - but at least a system with knowledge-based and when necessary even scientific methods.
Both blocs competed come hell or high water and the time has shown who won and who lost.

[picture source: www.fliegerweb.com]

Attach file:

jpg  (39.51 KB)
757_4e8754872b218.jpg 550X596 px

jpg  (19.68 KB)
757_4e875c3401c70.jpg 500X206 px

Posted on: 2011/10/1 12:57
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...Guscha some Ebay sellers will sell outside the country even if the ad says they won't.

I have emailed sellers and asked if they will, about half will agree. I live in Canada...

Rusty, "my" sellers won't and even if they agree they don't change the shipping restriction what makes that the automatic processing stops. I don't have reasonable answers to the questions:

1) shipping costs (PayPal)
2) enter ZIP code (ebay)

A last clarion call for action will perhaps break the bottleneck.

Attach file:

jpg  (30.33 KB)
757_4e878984a5fa9.jpg 500X310 px

Posted on: 2011/10/1 16:38
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved