Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 166

Packard Don, 1887mike, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Sway Bar Bushing Upgrade
Home away from home
Home away from home

Keegan Chaput
See User information
Quote:

Packard53 wrote:
Keegan: That is a real nice way of mounting the front sway and the new bushing mounts that you made up.

The main mounting brackets for my sway bar were undamaged, but the outer clips on the a-arms were broken. So I sent for new sway bar bushings, and came up with this solution on securing the new outer sway bar bushings. I went to local hardward store and purchased some angle iron. Cut the angle iron mounted the new retaining brackets drilled and botled them to the a-arm.

Thanks! I like your solution. It must of cost the better part of $5 and you know that it's never going anywhere. Not to mention that you'd really have to look hard to notice anything's been changed. When I saw those sheet metal clips for the first time I wasn't filled with confidence. Mine were in good shape so I kept them just in case I find out that my Clipper Deluxe was owned by Elvis and I have to put it back to stock.

Posted on: 2008/3/8 23:57
 Top  Print   

Re: Sway Bar Bushing Upgrade
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Keegan: The reason that I came up with that solution is because of not owning a welder or not having any welding skills. In some ways your solution with having a backing plate welded to the a-arm is much better than my idea.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/3/9 19:31
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved