Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: patent plate 1938 packard 120
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dennis Nielsen
See User information
Hello Flackmaster. thanks for the photos. I would like very much to buy the EE-14 carburettor plus the choke thermostat from you. It will go along way in helping me to complete my restoration and have a good useable car. Plese reply with your price and method of payment required.
Regard and thanks. dnielsen

Posted on: 2012/2/29 2:02
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
See new thread regarding 1935-1940 carburetor commentary.

Posted on: 2012/3/1 22:22
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day again dnielsen,
for including your '38 Eight 4 Door Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 15:30
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
It is hard to tell from David picture (not his fault!) but if the bimetallic spring is corroded it will not function correctly. You can get a new spring from Max Merritt for what I think is a reasonable price. However, shipping may be a problem.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted on: 2013/2/22 18:10
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dennis Nielsen
See User information
Hello,Thanks for the info. Late last year I was corresponding with Max Merrit re choke thermostat. At that time nothing was available, as was the position at Kanter. I decided that I would attempt to make a small number of these thermostats, using the one I got from Flackmaster,as an example. To date I have made the basic unit and only now need the bi-metallic coil to complete them. I have not been able to get a small [or any] quantity of this material. However after many experiments I have now reached the stage where I need to investigate the possibility of joining the 2 metal strips by riveting them together, as was done in the early cays of bi-metallic strip manufacture.
However I have not given up on my search for the material. I will also contact Max Merrit.
Regards. dnielsen

Posted on: 2013/2/23 11:00
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dennis Nielsen
See User information
Hello,Thanks for the info. Late last year I was corresponding with Max Merrit re choke thermostat. At that time nothing was available, as was the position at Kanter. I decided that I would attempt to make a small number of these thermostats, using the one I got from Flackmaster,as an example. To date I have made the basic unit and only now need the bi-metallic coil to complete them. I have not been able to get a small [or any] quantity of this material. However after many experiments I have now reached the stage where I need to investigate the possibility of joining the 2 metal strips by riveting them together, as was done in the early cays of bi-metallic strip manufacture.
However I have not given up on my search for the material. I will also contact Max Merrit.
Regards. dnielsen

Posted on: 2013/2/23 11:03
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

ReAnimator
See User information
To: flackmaster

Click to see original Image in a new window

Thanks. I needed that information too.

Posted on: 2021/5/28 11:55
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
??

Posted on: 2021/5/28 12:15
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

ReAnimator
See User information
Quote:

flackmaster wrote:
??

I have a 38 and it is missing the choke thermostat. I had no idea what one was supposed to look like until I saw the pictures you posted.

I think I can fabricate one now.

Posted on: 2021/5/28 13:15
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved