Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
67 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: doc's 1951 200
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Interesting mix on the key combinations there. Packards usual was trunk and glovebox on the octagonal key and door and ignition on the round.

Posted on: 2012/3/14 22:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Take the ignition out, and take it to a lock smith. Then you are not paying for the house call.

Posted on: 2012/3/14 22:47
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Yeah, one key and I can open and operate everything, except my gas door. But, for now I have no need to lock my gas door, due to the fuel cell. I tinkered with the key for a while before I realized there was only one pin difference between "Glove box/Trunk" and "Ignition/Door". Mabey someone else can give it a try to verify that difference.

Posted on: 2012/3/14 23:09
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc gonzo
See User information
thank guys. so just to get this right, the glove box key will work for the ignition as well? i would feel better if i only have to take that out insteadof the ignition im clumbys and i like to break things

Posted on: 2012/3/14 23:53
Packard on a budget
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Quote:

Doc gonzo wrote:
thank guys. so just to get this right, the glove box key will work for the ignition as well? i would feel better if i only have to take that out insteadof the ignition im clumbys and i like to break things

Doc,

I own a '52, so I assume yours is the same way. Since you need the "glove box/trunk" key regaurdless, I'd get that done first. Also, if it works you can save your self some cash. From my experience, what you need to do to get it to work with your ignition and door locks, is push the key in all the way and pull it out slowly till you hear the first "click". At that point you should be able to turn the ignition and open your doors.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 0:06
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc gonzo
See User information
thanks gear rat you have been a great help.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 0:09
Packard on a budget
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc gonzo
See User information
ok so i got the key made. it only goes to 45 degrees and wont crank the starter. did the guy make it wrong? or is their a push button start? Or is my wireing fucked. never started this baby with a key.

Attach file:

jpg  (56.56 KB)
4416_4f624ec25a054.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/3/15 15:19
Packard on a budget
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
maybe i'm stupid, but i thought i remember hearing you just hit the gas pedal with key in the ignition and it starts. idk i could be wrong, but isn't it called gearstart?

Posted on: 2012/3/15 15:25
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
The key turns the ignition on- pressing the accelerator pedal activates the starter through a switch on the carb.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 15:28
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc gonzo
See User information
damn. thanks guy tried it and turned right over thanks guys.......... more than likely gumed up the carb had the fuel line hooked up. errrrr. oh well need to rebuild it any ways.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 15:34
Packard on a budget
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved