Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
76 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 76

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Do it yourself parts?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information

Posted on: 2012/4/20 14:04
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: Do it yourself parts?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
We are progressing slowly to the era of do it yourself parts. Capable quality 3D printers are still costly but are becoming more flexible what with crude but drivable cars as was shown at the auto show and portions of house walls already being constructed via the same process. It is only time before those that can do something in real metal will be common and won't cost as much as the building where they reside.

I woke up this morning to find a sales pitch for an "affordable" laser cutter in my in box. That is the next step. While this one is only 40 watts and can't cut much of anything except thin wood and acrylic, the fact it is offered at all to an average home buyer and for less than 2k is a step in the right direction.

It is only a matter of time before "low cost" 3D printers, cutters, scanners, and the easy to use software all come together with some real capabilities and are sitting in average garages or shops.

Posted on: 2015/3/23 10:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved