Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 71

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 22 »

Re: Website
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I just came across some 404 (page not found errors) on a few of the links at the bottom of the Model details.

Posted on: 2021/1/28 13:31
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Don, check it again. All the links were invalid as the old module which was "article" was depreciated, and the new one I had to write to replace it is now "archive". So I ran a SQL Query to update all the links referenced by the Model Info Pages. So the link in question when from:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?140

to

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/archive/content.php?ContentID=140

So, they should all be working now.

But given that, I am sure there will be other places where those links will be broken. If they are from module to module, then I can fix it in the database. But, if they were in a forum post, or coming in from another website, then more than likely be broken links.

Posted on: 2021/1/28 13:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, they work now, thank you!

Posted on: 2021/1/28 14:01
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Also, I just setup a PHP redirect. So if any other places are still referencing those old links (either from here on the website or from another website), it will automatically forward them to the correct link.

If we other situations that are similar, let me know and I can do redirects for those as well.

You'll see that using either of the links above now take you to the same place.

Posted on: 2021/1/28 14:16
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I also added a redirect also for anyone that still has the "old" links pointing at their Registry entry. They will now work seamlessly.

Posted on: 2021/1/28 14:26
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I switched domain nameservers earlier today as I realized that the nameserver being used was not propagating all my DNS records correctly. So now it should be. But there may be a lag in propagation to the new Nameserver. I was seeing an issue where requests to packardinfo.com were working but www.packardinfo.com was sometimes reporting an issue in some browsers. That has been resolved, but depending on what ISP your with, it can take a few hours to propagate.

Posted on: 2021/1/28 14:37
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Big Kev, This is just FYI and not sure if anyone else is experiencing it but when I go to a forum section and click on a 'dark envelope' and read the post, it doesn't go 'light' afterwards. The '55 Packard Parts in the 'Parts& Misc.' today was a good example. I had to click on it 3X's to get the window to 'go light'.
And also, when clicking on a new, multi-page post, not sure what is happening but I am ending up at the second-to-last page instead of the latest page. Not sure if it isn't showing the latest page number, or navigating to the wrong page, but I keep having to 'select twice' to get to the most recent post. Just wanted to bring these issues to your attention, certainly no biggie from my end, but knowing you are sorting through numerous tweaks - thought I'd apprise you of what I am experiencing from a user standpoint. Chris.

Posted on: 2021/1/28 15:45
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Your using the back button on your browser correct? I've seen that as well. It has to do with the browser just.showing that page without making another trip to the server, so the page doesn't update. Hit refresh afterwards and tell me if the status changes.

Posted on: 2021/1/28 16:21
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Not sure what you mean re 'back button on your browser' Big Kev. This thread is a good example, I saw it this morning with a 'dark envelope', clicked on the 'biggest number' re the multiple pages, and it took me to the second to last page.
And re the dark envelopes not going light, I read the latest post, then click on the forum section heading, either at the top or bottom of the article. i.e. 'General' for this one, and it takes me back to that 'general' page. I then click on 'Forums' and that's where the envelope still shows 'dark'. Hope that isn't too convoluted of an explanation. As you can tell, I am a neophyte when it comes to computer tech know-how. Chris.

Posted on: 2021/1/28 17:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Big Kev, I DID do a refresh (Control F5) and will monitor the difference and let you know. Chris.

Posted on: 2021/1/28 17:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved