Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 33 »

Re: Wat
Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
Thank you. The Celestial Planning Chicken laid an egg in Wat's head as he slept last night, and a plan is beginning to form.

Hey Wat, speaking of sleeping, have you and Fred been sleeping lately as far as hauling more Clippers home? Or are you just not telling us everything??

Posted on: 2022/2/27 15:27
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

r1lark wrote:
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
Thank you. The Celestial Planning Chicken laid an egg in Wat's head as he slept last night, and a plan is beginning to form.

Hey Wat, speaking of sleeping, have you and Fred been sleeping lately as far as hauling more Clippers home? Or are you just not telling us everything??

Well, we (I) hauled home the Deluxe last month, and since it's a runner and the others are all Out West (and I'm Back East at least for the time being), this one is getting all of my fiddling. So you really haven't missed any acquisitions. I do have a commitment to score a Super parts car later this year, so there's a road trip I know of coming up.

The Packard club meet is 100 miles from here, so likely we'll attend. The Hotrod Homecoming is Out West in JUne, so like as not, I'll attend that, too. Like as not, this car will come with me. The plan is to drive it to the meet in Alexandria and to trailer it to KY.

I'm changing the coil to a newer-fangled one with a hotter spark. Found the article here with what worked to make it happen - the negative wire was a touch confusing. But I concluded that I'll need a mounting bracket. Guess who can't find one in his store? That's right, the kids behind the terminals. "I need the year/make/model." "No, you really don't." The Bezoses didn't, and one will be arriving at my doorstep tomorrow, which is as good as today since I ain't lifting a finger before next Saturday.

Posted on: 2022/2/27 18:33
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Re: Wat's Clipper coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Wat, so you are talking about the PAC National meet in VA in July? Didn't realize that was going to be in VA this year. That's only about 5 hours away from us in NC. Sweet, maybe I can make it!

Posted on: 2022/2/27 22:22
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
You should. It would be nice to meet you. I'd like to say that Fred will be there, but she won't. She doesn't travel. She hated her last trip to the vet. Her sister isn't much better.

Posted on: 2022/2/28 12:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Fred got a bit artistic yesterday. The landlady decided to paint the outside work table. It had been painted white on the top last summer, but she decided that there was too much glare. We had some leftover green, so that went on top, and she painted the base a gray. And then . . . Fred . . . .

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0704.jpg (579.72 KB)
224836_621eb8c8e6047.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2022/3/1 19:22
 Top  Print   

Re: Wat's Clipper coven
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
According to the UPS email I received today, my new old carburetor arrives tomorrow. Now, if they can just follow instructions and put the damned thing in the packages box on the front porch.

Posted on: 2022/3/9 20:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The carb arrived safe and sound. They failed to put it into the package box, but my next door neighbor is pretty cool and very helpful, and I asked her if she'd mind putting it in the box for me to keep it out of sight. She did. I took her some roast beef early this morning.

Now we have a four-barrel manifold coming week after next, it looks like. It won't fit into the box, so the front porch cat (no kin to Fred) will have to guard it.

Posted on: 2022/3/11 12:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
They failed to put it into the package box

Have Fred train the front porch cat to scratch out one of the delieryperson's eyes when this happens.

Posted on: 2022/3/11 16:00
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

r1lark wrote:
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
They failed to put it into the package box

Have Fred train the front porch cat to scratch out one of the delieryperson's eyes when this happens.

Like as not, these cats will never meet. Fred is a western KY girl, and Front Porch Kitteh is a central VA girl. They have maybe 650 miles between them.

Crappy weather this weekend, so likely no car stuff will get done. There's a list of inside stuff to do for Fred's sister, Ethyl.

Posted on: 2022/3/12 6:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Happy Sunday!!! Happy Vernal Equinox!!! Funny, I knew Vern when he was a boy and we never thought that he'd amount to much, but here he has his own day on the calendar, so maybe we wuz wrong.

I was asked to provide some pictures of the plumbing arrangement for the oil filter contraptions included on Clipperish era engines. I have texted them to the man who asked, and I'll post them here for those who may need them. This is on a 356:

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0958.jpg (379.97 KB)
224836_62370d75c557f.jpg 1440X1920 px

jpg  IMG_0959.jpg (343.73 KB)
224836_62370d8d4544e.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2022/3/20 6:18
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 33 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved