Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 33 »

Re: Wat's Clipper coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
side pipes.....

Posted on: 2022/4/13 9:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Honestly???

Wat effing hates side pipes!!!

Seriously . . . .

Posted on: 2022/4/13 11:37
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Re: Wat's Clipper coven
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Out in Fred's Country. Drove up Sunday and was feeling a bit poorly. Woke up sick yesterday. Slept most of the day and all of last night. Felt pretty human today. Got the truck and trailer unloaded, after it was inspected by Herself, of course.

Got the Packard stuff (little bits) sorted and put in the main car house. Got the engine unloaded (along with half a dozen Mopar big blocks) in the former goat stall. Tomorrow, we move the other two - we think. This crap may end up kicking my @$$.

Posted on: 2022/4/19 15:42
 Top  Print   

Re: Wat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
If you ever doubted that Fred is a Clipper Girl, you just need to have your eyes examined, because Ray Charles can see it, and he's dead, too.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_1033.jpg (293.48 KB)
224836_6261ba74030bc.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2022/4/21 15:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Fred is MIA. The new dog gave her a run. She got away, but I think that her feelings are hurt. We'll see if she turns up for breakfast

Got the big coupe located so some serious stuff can commence - one day. Also got a mess of stuff, like three engines and a bunch of Mopar stuff stashed in a way better storage space. Moving all of this stuff was a lot like work. Cooked a damn fine meal for supper, and that was a fabulous reward of sorts.

Kind of thinking of getting the big boy road-worthy and then robbing my 4-door for the underpinnings and restoring those. I still need a long good pair of front fenders. The body work on this one is decent, and likely the only scabbed in bit will be the trunk floor repairs.

I may have to experiment with recasting the steering wheel surface.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_1037.jpg (308.35 KB)
224836_62635f3b5e98d.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2022/4/22 21:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Fred is fine. She came out of hiding. The landlady decided to keep the puppy closer to home. She lets the goat into the house yard so they can chase each other like maniacs. Fred stays on the other side of the fences with the horses. This way, Fred has the run of her usual stomping grounds and has her usual critters with her. The horses don't bother her.

We got some of those electronic rodent repellent thingies. I put two on extension cords and stuck them in the big coupe to help to preserve the rest of what interior remains. We'll see how it works.

I guess that, come next visit (for a car show), I'll best spend my time tying into the '41 parts cars and try to liberate that worth saving and prepare to remove the remains. Meanwhile, work x 3 . . . .

Posted on: 2022/4/28 18:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Glad Fred is back. I'm curious to hear how the rodent repellant things do. I may want to throw some in my car over the winter just in case. I hate mice.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2022/4/28 18:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Yeah, me too. I knew that Fred wan't hurt, but that her feelings might be a bit dinged.

The guy I got this last car from, the Deluxe sedan ('46), kept these mouse things in it. Its house was a barn. The barn cat had died and a new one hadn't arrived yet. The mice did mess up one side of the driver's seat, but there didn't seem to be repeat damage after that when using the thingie, he reported. So we'll see.

Cats are hunters of opportunity. If you want systematic rodent destruction, get a terrier, as the Brits discovered in the trenches of WWI.

Posted on: 2022/4/29 17:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The Deluxe finally has its 500 miles on its rebuild. The former owner did the Kanter bigger-is-better engine kit, so it got new bearings and pistons and rings and all manner of goodies. The block had 49,390 miles on it and was adequate, so it just got a valve job. It's only been around town.

This afternoon, the lead foot came out, and it pulls pretty well for a stock little engine.

I will order some fancy oil for it and give it a change this weekend coming.

Now, it needs another gear . . . .

Posted on: 2022/5/1 18:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Fender skirts: check.
Decent LWB front fenders: check.
Apparently a decent original interior: check.
A(nother) running 282: check.
Good bumpers and hubcaps: check

Wat put a deposit on the Staph Car. Pick-up is in two weeks.

Posted on: 2022/5/7 20:17
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 33 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved