Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 132

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 22 »

Re: Website
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Where you are seeing the issue, please take note of the URL and if it has a #forumpost marker at the end.

Also, if you look at Don's last post here, you'll see the post number #160 is "highlighted".

If you roll over that, the linked URL should be the same as the URL on the address bar. If not I need to know exactly what you clicked to get there. As before, I can't reproduce what you are seeing.

If you don't have the forumpost at the end of the URL, and/or the post number is not highlighted, then you're not coming in via a method where you are being directed to either your last read post on that topic or the physical last post in a topic. Which can differ based on what you are clicking.

Attach file:

jpg  ScreenShot 250.jpg (212.59 KB)
1_6021b444a8302.jpg 1920X1420 px

Posted on: 2021/2/8 16:59
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
I'm not 'clamoring for him to fix it', Don, I'm simply reporting what I'm experiencing from an end-user standpoint.
I have said more than once, that it is no biggie, and I can certainly deal with it that way if it doesn't get fixed. Bugs in a new system are hard to iron out without user feedback. If my posts on this have become excessive, I do apologize and I will certainly cease and desist on any further comment. Chris.

Posted on: 2021/2/8 17:32
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Chris, I don't think Don was meaning it in any sort of a mean way. To me it read as a friendly jibe that he was including himself in.

Anyways, I haven't noticed anything else recently with the website. I've been all over the Service Index, Model information, and others. Seems to be working pretty good overall.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/2/8 20:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, that was indeed a joke that included my own comments about the issue as I have inquired about it several times myself! Nothing personal toward anyone was intended.

Clamoring again, on the issue of the Follow/Unfollow checkbox, this is what i mean. This screen capture shows the very bottom of the page with a thread that I have been following but which I no longer want to follow. On the old site, there was a little form down there where it could be unchecked or checked as desired but now that is there only occasionally. In order to see it, I must press Previous Topic, then Next Topic but that is very counter-intuitive! Can you make it always be there as it was before?

Attach file:

jpeg  C341A37D-FA1F-4607-833C-74812FD88159.jpeg (74.28 KB)
60923_6021ed5619ef9.jpeg 1920X1041 px

Posted on: 2021/2/8 21:03
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
If you click on the name of the thread in the bread at either the top or the bottom it will appear.

Posted on: 2021/2/8 21:23
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, you said that before and as a temporary thing that's fine but again, it is counter-intuitive and certainly not something I'm going to remember! On the old site, it was simply there without having to jump through any special hoops to make it appear.

Also, clicking the name in the breadcrumb goes back to the first page, then the next time I look, I am still at the first page.

Maybe the new site doesn't allow it but, as you've done some amazing things here, I am sure it can be done!

Posted on: 2021/2/8 21:27
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
By and large the website is working very well and Kev is to be commended and profusely thanked for his hard work.

One thing I see occasionally to add to the not critical but maybe look at it later list is a thank you message that appears after a submission. It covers part of the post and is not dismissed by clicking the X but will go away with a page refresh. MacOS 11.2 and Safari version 14.0.3 if it is something that might be browser related.

Attach file:

jpg  message.jpg (49.75 KB)
209_6022e21d72ad0.jpg 1920X388 px

Posted on: 2021/2/9 14:27
Howard
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That is odd. I run a mac as well, but use Chrome. I haven't seen that issue where that popup doesn't disapear after a few moments. I'll try to see if I can replicate it.

Posted on: 2021/2/9 21:03
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I run Linux on my PCs and, of course, iPadOS on the iPad, typically using Firefox on both although primarily I view these pages on the iPad. I’ve noticed the popup and it seems to go away quickly in these environments but I’ll pay closer attention next time.

As for Chrome, it is quite limited in its abilities so I discount any adverse results from it. In fact, that it seems to insidiously sneak itself onto my systems while installing something else, it should be treated as the malware it is!

Posted on: 2021/2/10 3:35
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard,

I just tested with Safari Version 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.4), on Max OCX 11.2 and it worked just find. Perhaps try a cache clear and restart and see if that clears things up?

Posted on: 2021/2/10 9:50
-BigKev

Top  Print 

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved