Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 128

Dads 56, Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 32 »

Re: Thief-Proof Numbers (body serial numbers)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Up for auction in Germany is this 1956 Patrician. My thanks goes to the seller for providing VIN and thief-proof number.

Attach file:

jpg  (64.38 KB)
757_51f369dfaa7aa.jpg 800X621 px

jpg  (69.09 KB)
757_51f369eb9eee0.jpg 1015X532 px

jpg  (100.07 KB)
757_51f369f703014.jpg 962X500 px

Posted on: 2013/7/27 1:34
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
That Pat doesn't appear to have a PB, not being too savvy about V8 Packards, was that an option or a previous owners conversion? I see in the description the trans is a 3 speed Auto. And speaking of the description, not being able to read German I slipped it into Google Translate and came up with this after a bit of fiddling with the punctuation.

"The Patrician is the 1956 model built with the 8-cylinder V-engine, 374cui, 290hp, which was probably built only in this year building.The total of only 3224 pieces were from Packard for this research vehicle is in the original state, the paint over the years has been surely updated part. The engine is running properly, the 3-speed automatic transmission shifts well. There are electric windows, electric Antenna, power steering, electric adjustable front seat, etc. The chrome is still very good, heaven and seats are original and in good condition, rear practically new. The tires are good. Rusted, there are maybe a little rust no, here and there. A small trim behind the passenger door is missing. The brakes should be checked because the vehicle pulls slightly on one side, but that may be due to lack of exercise. There are complete Dutch papers with them, thus to register in Germany after passing the HU without any problems or additional costs. For legal reasons, the vehicle is not sold as roadworthy / broken! ----------- Here is a few words to all those seriously interested: Who wants to buy the vehicle blind who can do the like. I am of the opinion that you should look at first properly before buying the car. Since there is no way can be too far (personal experience) So my suggestion is:. Call: 0172/3183003, make appointment, coffee or a cappuccino inspect the vehicle at rest with a cup. Then who is sure of himself and the car can talk to me within reason also about the price. And if it is agreed and the money is on the table, the car can be taken immediately. And who wants to pay in installments, no Problem.30% down payment, vehicle keys and documents until full payment at the mir.Ist an offer? I also take old bikes in payment!"

Posted on: 2013/7/27 2:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Mal, the automatic translation turned the Pat into a research verhicle whereas the vendor is talking about his research to find out the total production (which was 3,775 acc. to the model information).

Quote:
That Pat doesn't appear to have a PB, not being too savvy about V8 Packards, was that an option or a previous owners conversion? I see in the description the trans is a 3 speed Auto...

Brian (BH) says here: "...New pushbutton electric shift for Twin Ultramatic is standard - optional on all other Packard and Clipper models."

[picture source: ebay; slightly changed]

Attach file:

jpg  (25.48 KB)
757_51f3e9b0ba431.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2013/7/27 10:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
BH was commenting on a Caribbean, so just to make it clear the PB was standard on the 56 Caribbeans, optional on all others.

Posted on: 2013/7/27 10:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
gents, my Packard education continues!

Posted on: 2013/7/27 16:29
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
OK Gerd, I'll bite. What does the "M" stand for??

And please note this 56 is missing the trim piece that covers the two ribbed fascia just below the trunk lid.

Posted on: 2013/7/27 20:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think Gerd's development department has designed a MAL-tramatic in honor of our good friend. With that particular option I'm not sure if it's an honor or curse though.

Posted on: 2013/7/27 20:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Some days I'm slow.
Other days I'm slower.

Posted on: 2013/7/27 20:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Randy, Howard, thanks for always having your friendly attention. Mal is an eternal philistine when it comes to "artistic interpretations". The "M" alone cost me 10 minutes lifetime but even when I create a whole "cry tone diagnostic center" to alleviate his middle ear inflammation or "celebrate him as Kremlin hero" he keeps his pokerface. I belive he is cheesed with me because of using a "thickener" years ago.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2013/7/27 23:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"...Mal is an eternal philistine when it comes to "artistic interpretations"..."...I believe he is cheesed with me because of using a "thickener" years ago..."

Gerd et al,

If I wasn't laughing so much, a comment about being "an eternal philistine" would have cheesed me off. Hmmmm, I previously thought it might have been the camera angle but maybe all that cheese has something to do with the thickener aspect?

Posted on: 2013/7/28 2:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 ... 32 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved