Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: PTV's 1951 Packard 200
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I wonder if I can match that material? The seat looks better than it is, it has small holes all over (moths?) But should make a good pattern for new coverings.

John

Posted on: 2016/2/20 22:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Something interesting I noticed is on the exhaust manifold at #3 exhaust port in the manifold there is a small port with a plug in it on the bottom side. What is it for?

John

Posted on: 2016/2/20 23:14
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If this is the item you refer to it is the end of the tube that the automatic choke draws air thru to be heated by the exhaust gas. It should be open or perhaps has a plug with a smaller opening for a restriction. Don't recall any other ports on the exhaust manifold so if you are seeing something different I'm at a loss.

Attach file:

jpg  (33.63 KB)
209_56c94307afc6b.jpg 714X660 px

Posted on: 2016/2/20 23:54
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Okay, the tube goes clear thru the manifold. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks Howard.
John

Posted on: 2016/2/21 8:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Some of the things I've found so far that are missing or broken.

Driver's side headlight assembly (missing)
Cover for bell housing on Ultramatic (missing)
Cigarette lighter element (missing)
Small piece of trim between driver's side front and rear door along beltline. (missing)
Driver's side tail light lens (cracked 2 places)
License plate lens (cracked)
Gas tank, straps and sending unit. (missing)

I'm sure other things will pop up as the project goes on.

John

Posted on: 2016/2/21 11:54
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Fortunately all those items were used on multiple models and years so should be amongst the easiest and lowest price items to source. Most expensive will probably be the gas tank stuff. I believe Kanter even sells new complete tank assys with sender and straps.

Posted on: 2016/2/21 12:05
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
I'll put in a plug for the new Kanter tanks, I bought the complete kit with sender and straps and it is an exact replica, minus the holes dents and rust. You could use a cheaper sender and I have my old straps if you need them, Howard has posted some good stuff on retrofitting a different sender if you're more ambitious than I was. But the total kit price isn't much more and no fiddling needed.

Posted on: 2016/2/21 13:12
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I'm checking with Kanter to see what they want for the gas tank, straps and sender. Said he'd get back to me Monday.
First need to get motor loosened up though. It is kind of the deciding factor in moving ahead with progress.

John

Posted on: 2016/2/21 13:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
If you replace fuel tank and lines from tank problems with dirt in gas will be gone unless you allow dirt to enter the fuel system. Makes for one less problem area and new tank even looks nice if someone bends down to check out the underside of your finished project. Also should give you peace of mind if car is parked inside your garage

Posted on: 2016/2/21 16:40
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I fought with trying to clean and seal a tank for months. Kanter didnt have tanks available when I was doing my car. So ended up sending it out to have the Renu process done on it.

Agreed see if the motor is salvageable first. You can always run it off of a gas can as needed.

Posted on: 2016/2/21 19:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved