Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 96

pmhowe, Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 73 »

Re: Henry's 37 Limousine
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Congrats! Looks like a lot of fun for the family!

Posted on: 2016/3/17 20:36
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Henry

Congratulations! Its great to have the '37 138CD back in your family, many happy experiences await to be shared in it! Two fine Packards keeping company in your garage, what more could a man ask?

BTW, the horn sounds a bit strident, typical of a 6V horns hit with 12V. Returning to the 6V will return the true Packard dulcet tones.

Steve

Posted on: 2016/3/18 7:01
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Mike...I don't see any handles on the jump seats. I didn't see any handles on it in the video my Grandfather took either. should there be handles? I have no idea.

as to the 12v. yeah I need to figure that all out. I looked up under the dash last night and there are wires going everywhere and there is electric tape that is giving up the ghost and could cause me issues with shorting or fire in the future. I need to map all of that out or try to go back to 6v.

to go back to 6v will require a lot of parts and a complete rewire I think.

it has a vol-ta-drop (which apparently they don't make anymore) on it and only one side is being used. it has 2 6v/6a studs I can use.

there is a tag on one wire that says extra 12v continuous and another tag that says clock...do not hook up 6v +. needless to say the clock does not work.

I will take a fair amount of pictures of the wiring, I know I will need help. the amp meter is pegged at 30 amps when the car is running. the gas gauge seems to read 1/4 no matter what.

overall it isn't that bad, I just need to get in there and figure out what they did and use shrink wrap instead of crappy electric tape.

I'm going to have a fair amount of questions to ask my friends in Kerrville.

Posted on: 2016/3/18 11:53
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Henry,
I don't know either. I wonder if the other cars like yours had handles?

Posted on: 2016/3/18 12:31
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
What is the difference between a 1090CD and a 1090-1? In the parts manual I don't see folding seat parts mentioned for any CDs or offhand even the CD designation but there are parts including a handle listed for the -1.

Posted on: 2016/3/18 13:25
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
1090-1 means 1090 and 1091. These are the only offerings on the 138" CD.

Posted on: 2016/3/18 14:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
HH,
What group/part number are you seeing the listing?
Is there an illustration of the handle?

Posted on: 2016/3/18 15:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If I am looking at the right thing, illustration is in Group 30 on page 79. There is a poor illustration or maybe just a representation of the handle and it is listed on page 82

Posted on: 2016/3/18 15:29
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
check this website for a 1091 with the jump seats that have handles. no idea if that is factory. no idea if only the 1091 had handles and not the 1090 or if they both did.

I know mine does not. mine also does not have the foot rest in the middle of the floor. probably was there at one point. not sure.

got my antique plates and rented an enclosed trailer for Kerrville today.

http://www.autopalete.lv/klasika/veiktie-darbi/packard138-cd-1937/

Posted on: 2016/3/18 15:31
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
HH,

Group #30.886
Wouldn't that listing mean it's for both cars?

Henry,
That car has handles, I thought your grandfather told me about borrowing one from someone and then casting up some.

Posted on: 2016/3/18 15:39
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 73 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved