Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 138

BigKev, bkazmer, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Brake Fluid Reservoir
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I would be interested in two units.

Posted on: 2018/10/16 19:12
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The blueprints for this are available, if we have someone with the resources to get the units reproduced, it could be a good club project or vendor offering? Mr. PB, perhaps something for your employer to consider.

Posted on: 2018/10/17 8:53
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I would second that suggestion and the nice part is they are not really year specific. True they would not be totally correct for some years but since it was a dealer option and could have been installed on earlier years it would not be totally incorrect either. Making them should not be that restrictive as far as what they would fit so a larger selling market -- maybe even Stude or other brands that wanted a period correct item.

Work to make the bracket and fittings seems to me it would not be terribly difficult with modern CNC machinery -- although it would depend on finding someone with the equipment willing to work in a reasonable scale of dozens and not hundreds of finished pieces. Probably the most expensive part would be the drafting time to adapt the blueprints and build the CNC program.

A small volume machine shop with a laser or water jet device to cut the sheetmetal for the bracket and with a setup to machine the upper brass fittings. For the master cylinder end there are probably ready made caps that could be adapted for the various masters. Kanter already repros many of the masters so maybe his supplier could make some caps. Being mostly hidden that part may not need to be as perfect in looks, just function.

Use an original bracket as a mold and make some Kirksite dies to form the stiffening ridges in the sheetmetal. Those dies could be made as needed when they wear out rather than have the expense of making a steel die. The minimal shrinkage on the repro bracket from using an original piece as a mold pattern would never be noticed. I believe in an old post acolds mentioned he already had a source for the jars so that should be a minor item as well.

Posted on: 2018/10/17 9:44
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
A copy of the bottle label

Attach file:

jpg  (41.60 KB)
1052_5bc79ce81b62a.jpg 864X464 px

Posted on: 2018/10/17 15:34
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mike Hammerberg
See User information
I purchased some caps from here
https://www.mico.com/

Attach file:

jpg  (65.34 KB)
85277_5bc7a60c306ac.jpg 800X643 px

Posted on: 2018/10/17 16:15
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mike Hammerberg
See User information
Specs

Attach file:

jpg  (57.30 KB)
85277_5bc7a86b555cb.jpg 800X711 px

Posted on: 2018/10/17 16:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Anyone know the thread size for a Treadle-Vac cap for 1954?

Posted on: 2018/10/18 12:31
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I used a micrometer across the threads on a 56 BTV plug and get 1.240. Thread gauge also looks to be 18 tpi.. I am thinking that allowing for clearance the same 1?-18 aftermarket plug Mike in Pinole posted would fit and should be the same on all year BTVs. To use with a remote fill kit would also need some sort of gasket or O ring for the plug.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 13:33
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you, Howard! I'm going up to my Oregon shop this Sunday and would like to order one of the caps with the threaded hole to use with my pressure bleader but not sure how to order. Mike, can you send a direct link to the item? I searched and searched but can't find it.

Howard, I waved at you from a distance while on the way to the Sierra last week and when coming back last night. Actually not that close to Fresno but closer that when I am home in San Jose!

Posted on: 2018/10/18 14:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Thanks packard Don
I too spent time looking through the website and their search feature...nada. I'll call tomorrow if the info isn't posted.

Posted on: 2018/10/18 15:29
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved