Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 137

Mechagon, BDeB, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 52 mascot wings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The ‘52 ornament was rather sleek and one of the nicest! Of course, I had a ‘52 (along with a ‘52 parts car) for years so I am a bit prejudiced. If your car has not had all the chrome replated, be careful of the Korean War chrome which takes special care.

Posted on: 2021/6/30 12:30
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ray
See User information
I don't know what has been rechromed or what is original but I know about that era chrome. We have a 51 Plymouth and they were very stingy with the plating on it. Even our 52 Jag chrome is sketchy, just wasn't a good time for chrome. Picture attached of it reinstalled. Thanks

Attach file:

jpg  20210701_172856.jpg (205.77 KB)
225033_60de3756d300f.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2021/7/1 16:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you are curious about which pieces started out and might still be of lower quality on your car, most are listed in this article.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/SC/SC-VOL25NO14.pdf

As some have found when checking their car, over the years pieces might have been replaced with items made after the restriction was lifted and other posters have run into questionable pieces that might not have been included on the original list.

Posted on: 2021/7/1 17:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
One time I had my 1952 Henney-Packard on Treasure Island in the San Francisco Bay for a NorCap Packard Club meet and it was windy as it often is in The Bay. In a very short time all the pot-metal pieces had turned grey from the salt air and thin two-step chrome so all had to be replated. Even the rear side stone guards, which were cast brass, lost their plating in that brief time.

Posted on: 2021/7/1 17:21
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved