Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 95

bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: No paint code-What color was my car???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
My transmission problems didn't stop there. I wasn't too upset about the smoke because my plan was to have it rebuilt. About a year after owning her, I saved enough money to get it fixed. I found a company in Hemmings Motor News that would send you a rebuilt unit when you send in your core and $1800. I took the car to a local transmission shop. He removed the old one and shipped it. I never got a good feeling from this guy. My dad picked him out of the phone book and he didn't seem to know what he was doing. After about 3 weeks the new trans arrived and it took him another 2 weeks to install it. He called and said he was all done, but it wasn't working right. Great! I had to call the trans company and they figured it was the valve body and sent a new one free of charge. I really didn't trust this guy so I took the car back. On the way home, I noticed that the car was shifting fine and it just needed a tune up. At least I got an extra valve body for free! A week later, the guy's shop mysteriously burned down.
The car was working great for a couple of months and then it wouldn't go into low gear anymore. I dropped the pan and took out the valve body and found a metal plate that goes from the band to a hydraulic cylinder. That fixed it for a couple of weeks until the car stopped going in low gear again. By that time I was fed up having spent so much money and still had a car that didn't work. That was about the time I stopped working on the car.

Posted on: 2009/8/17 18:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
My 51 had body paint on the whole fire wall as well as the door jambs,ect. also the underside of the trunk lid.Gotta love those straight eights!Not enough oh,s in smooth. Brian

Posted on: 2009/8/17 20:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

1940-120
See User information
I don't know if this will help or even if I attached it correctly.

Fred D

Attach file:

jpg  (109.81 KB)
496_4a9a94371caf6.jpg 984X1280 px

Posted on: 2009/8/30 10:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

1940-120
See User information
Here is another page. I hope

Attach file:

jpg  (149.16 KB)
496_4a9a958136455.jpg 981X1280 px

Posted on: 2009/8/30 10:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

1940-120
See User information
Here is the last page.

Fred D.

Attach file:

jpg  (105.60 KB)
496_4a9a9631aa1a0.jpg 982X1280 px

Posted on: 2009/8/30 10:10
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved