Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 220

Michaelg-twelve, Packard Don, JohnCB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 ... 37 »

Re: Randy Berger's 1956 Caribbean
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Soaked the carpet heel pad in GoJo and it softened up considerably. Mailed it off to the carpet guy and am anxiously awaiting my new carpet.
Will probably go to Perrysburg on a Saturday and pick up the trunk kit from Joel and Sue.
Had a Power Steering pressure hose made locally today with all new fittings. Cost was $72.00 which seems reasonable in light of vendors prices. Had the heater core checked and the fellow said "it doesn't have to be pretty to work". tested with 12 pound pressure.
My upholsterer called and said he would like to stop out Friday or Monday and look at Caribbean. He has been diagnosed
with an eye problem and cannot do any work for 10 days to six months. He is worth waiting for though - he does excellent work, as my 400 bears witness.
Need to order another traffic light viewer for the Caribbean like the 400.http://www.go-kat-go.com/trafligviewf.html

Posted on: 2008/4/30 19:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
Speaking of picking up a trunk kit at Perrysville, is this a vendor that makes trunk liner reproductions and if so do you have any contact info available? Needed for an Executive.
Thanks
Bill

Posted on: 2008/4/30 21:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Joel Ray's wife Sue makes the trunk kits. Joel is on here frequently (packards1) and they will be at Perrysburg.

Posted on: 2008/4/30 23:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I replaced the quarter window motors now that they work and also replaced the extra piece of diagonal bracing that was on the car. This bit of bracing is not on my 400 but is on the convertible. They both use the same steel panel and the brace is held by two #6 screws. I can't imagine it actually supports anything, but thought I would post a picture of the 45 degree diagonal brace. Any guesses as to its function?
I also need to know where the ground strap from the firewall to the engine block is attached on the passenger side. My 400 does not have it although I think it should. Anyone have one they want to post a pic of??

Attach file:

jpg  (64.74 KB)
23_48265c73af3b5.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/5/10 21:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
On my Executive it connects at the bolt holding the wiper vacuum tube to the cylinder head and to the wireing loom clip on the firewall.

Attach file:

jpg  (41.25 KB)
35_482662e3eebfa.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2008/5/10 22:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Convertibles and to a lesser extent hard tops are notoriously weak structuraly across all manufacturers unless the car was originaly designed as such. The brace is probably one of many u'll find on the car in various places to reduce (but not eleminate) body and chassis shake.

Such shake rarely occurs at speeds below 50 or 60 but will happen at 70 mph+ in nearly all converts and HT's of all makes. They were built for beauty, style and charizma, NOT for hard running and curvy roads or whisky hauling.

I assume your Carib has STEEL washers and NOT the usualy rubber body-to-frame insulators????

Posted on: 2008/5/10 22:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Keith, thanks for the info and picture on the ground strap. You are right about the body mounts - the parts book lists steel ones for the convertible, not rubber.

Posted on: 2008/5/10 22:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What about the mounts at the radiator support???? Are they steel too or rubber???

Posted on: 2008/5/10 22:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
They are rubber and the parts book doesn't list anything different.

Posted on: 2008/5/11 10:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Pulled this canister out of my parts stash to clean up for the Caribbean. I hadn't noticed the decal under the grime and never opened it before. For those of you with eyes as bad as mine, it does say "PACKARD" on the decal.

Attach file:

jpg  (55.09 KB)
23_48349a1d0bbcf.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/5/21 16:54
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 ... 37 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved