Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 136

BigKev, bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 214 215 216 (217) 218 219 220 ... 257 »

Re: BigKev's 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Oh and I forgot to mention John, at night it cools down to the high 60's (good luck getting that done on the east coast lol).

Posted on: 2016/7/7 9:21
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Quote from a few posts back:
" Also trying to find a place with
more than 1/2 acre, but less than 2, and a bit
out of town, but not in the sticks. We want
some distance from the neighbors, but not
"deliverance" distance. Not looking to farm,
nor do I want to spend an entire day mow"

Probably need to rethink that. I have 9 acres. Mow only 2 acres of it. There is absolutely NO WAY POSSIBLE to mow the other 7 acres.
7 acres of woods so dense that i can not even read a newspaper in the middle of the day. So rugged a billy goat would fall to it's death on most parts of it. WHICH MEANS that no human wodd ever attempt to tresspass on it in any way. LOL.

Get a REAL tractor and finnishing mower that drives off of a PTO. I can mow my 2 acres with a Ferguson TO20 and a 5 foot finish mower in one hour flat. No, it doesn't look like a golf geen and i won't win any Martha Stewart gracous living awards for fine lawn care but it looks as good as anyone elses lawn even up town.

Posted on: 2016/7/7 10:42
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
well the saying here is, "Come to North Dakota, there's a woman behind every tree!" And for Nicole's peace of mind, there aren't any trees.

Posted on: 2016/7/7 10:48
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
White Bluff Tn 37187:
45 miles from Metro I'national airport. Property tax about $100/year on each $15000 worth of realestate value. NO INCOME TAX. (altho see Hall Tax on diividends only).

Just watch out for any insurance cost in TN.

White Bluff is big enuf for a McDaonalds but other than that is mostly just Churches and beer stores.

About 18 miles from shopping that any city folk have grown accustome to.

Maybe talk to Joanna Swiger at Everything REalestate. She's an excellent realtor.

Maybe east of Nashville small towns (easier airport access) might be better but i can not advise on flooding issues over there.

Stay HIGH ON A RIDGE!!!!! to avoid flooding. That's true for ANY area in the midwest now.

Posted on: 2016/7/7 10:53
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
California is the place to be, swimming pools and movie stars.....

Posted on: 2016/7/7 19:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
We have the swimming pools but not the movie stars otherwise all of California wants to move here and we like it quiet here lol.
Also no smog, earthquakes and goofy California only laws.

Posted on: 2016/7/7 20:16
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
BDC & all you other Texans;

Speaking as a Conservative California I offer a word or warning - With all those Californians you speak of that are moving there - with them comes the Bloody Plague of Liberalism. Ask the good folks of Oregon and Colorado.

We were going to move years ago and have looked at property in Boerne TX and other parts west of there, but grandkids and great grandkids have us anchored. However, we do live in Simi Valley, which is the 18th most conservative city over 100,000 in the U.S.

Posted on: 2016/7/8 1:58
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Look a like my plans on moving just got accelerated. My landlord has decided not to renew our lease in Sept, as she is planning on selling the property and relocating out of the country. So this accelerates our move up by nearly 9 months.

So look like we are going to move in Sept to somewhere in suburban Chicago (Wheaton/Naperville area) and rent for awhile until we get our bearings and my daughter gets settled in community college there. That will give us time to put more cash away for a house and also bird-dog the areas in Indiana where we want to find a house.

Transmission is going to get packed up for now. Need to take care of a few maintenance issues on the Packard and fix a sticking choke on the carb so it won't present issues for the transporter when the time comes.

Moving across country with less that 90 days notice is not going to be fun.

Posted on: 2016/7/12 15:16
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kev, a big change and lots to do in a short period of time. Congratulations on your life changing experience. Like the men's clothing ad used to say: "You're going to like it."

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/7/12 16:56
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Hey Kev,

Welcome to the western suburbs ! I've lived in Naperville since 1987 and it's a great place to be. College of Dupage is a great value. My youngest daughter attends there part time. It should even be better now that the former president got the boot.

Let us know when you hit town and we can grab a brew or two.

Posted on: 2016/7/12 17:17
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 214 215 216 (217) 218 219 220 ... 257 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved