Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 113

29tons, John Sauser, kevinpackard, JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 32 »

Re: Fun with used cars
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Single stage urethane from Kirker; quite pleased for the price.

The door panels are NOS 1952 Patrician for cars ordered with the leather option. I picked up a whole stack of them at a flea market one time in green, blue, and tan.

I used a good quality 2 part clearcoat and just prayed a little of the Rustoleum Almond into the mix before putting it in the gun.

Posted on: 2022/7/6 21:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

Ross wrote:
The door panels are NOS 1952 Patrician for cars ordered with the leather option. I picked up a whole stack of them at a flea market one time in green, blue, and tan.

When did you just happen to find new Packard door panels at a flea market?

Posted on: 2022/7/7 8:25
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Ran across this very fine youtube collection of fifties photos of people posing with their cars. There are a couple of Packards which you will enjoy, but the quality of the photos, the folks, the cars, and the backdrops is outstanding. Oh, and where are all the fat people? I think you will enjoy this:

https://youtu.be/b4crqLlgCUM

Posted on: 2022/7/29 20:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Quote:

Ross wrote:
Ran across this very fine youtube collection of fifties photos of people posing with their cars. There are a couple of Packards which you will enjoy, but the quality of the photos, the folks, the cars, and the backdrops is outstanding. Oh, and where are all the fat people? I think you will enjoy this:

https://youtu.be/b4crqLlgCUM

Interesting video and observations. Only a couple of Packards, but some other nice cars made an appearance. I noted that most of the cars were sporting blackwall tires...I counted maybe 15 with whitewall.

Posted on: 2022/7/29 23:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Love the stooks in the field behind the car at 1:43

Posted on: 2022/7/30 0:26
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
BDeB wrote:....stooks...
Learned a new word. Brian.

Posted on: 2022/7/30 0:37
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Just 50 short years ago today my mother drove me in her '69 Plymouth Fury to answer an ad in the Baltimore Evening Sun. A local teacher advertised a 1950 Packard for sale and we went to look at it. It was a Super with a hood about a mile long and had the requisite Cormorant hood ornament. Mother assured him that although I was only 14 I knew how to drive (having driven a 49 Dodge endlessly around the fields of our farm). A short trip around the private school grounds and I was sold. The $400 purchase price made a huge dent in the life savings of someone pulling in $1.65 an hour on weekends.
From this vantage point I can say the investment was worth it in a still unfolding lifetime of fun, skill building, friends, and perpetual time travel as I daily stand with feet in two very different eras. I am very thankful.

Posted on: 2022/8/2 6:48
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
Ross, Sounds like a very similar story for a lot of us.It was 50 years ago I also bought my first Packard and started a lifelong journey of meeting some great people and cars.

Posted on: 2022/8/2 7:30
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
After 11,000 faithful miles as the Speedwell Garage shop truck the long-suffering '53 Clipper got a little lovin' last week with new rocker panels, front fender bottoms, and a rework of mounting holes so that the trim would line up.

It was as quick and dirty a job as a shop truck should have, with many minor dinkles left unattended. The lovely grey color was achieved by clear coating the epoxy primer. The blue matches the dash and window reveals.

"Clippy" celebrated his new duds by hauling all the camping gear, a kayak and bikes for a reunion of friends up at the lake. It was another 420 miles of trouble-free fun.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0333.JPG (223.78 KB)
618_6323e0124ba1a.jpg 1920X1309 px

jpg  IMG_0335.JPG (187.57 KB)
618_6323e07804d58.jpg 1920X1108 px

jpg  IMG_0337.JPG (276.96 KB)
618_6323e0e031f31.jpg 1920X1382 px

jpg  IMG_0340.JPG (278.16 KB)
618_6323e1222f989.jpg 1920X1065 px

Posted on: 2022/9/15 21:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

Ross wrote:
Just 50 short years ago today my mother drove me in her '69 Plymouth Fury to answer an ad in the Baltimore Evening Sun. A local teacher advertised a 1950 Packard for sale and we went to look at it. It was a Super with a hood about a mile long and had the requisite Cormorant hood ornament. Mother assured him that although I was only 14 I knew how to drive (having driven a 49 Dodge endlessly around the fields of our farm). A short trip around the private school grounds and I was sold. The $400 purchase price made a huge dent in the life savings of someone pulling in $1.65 an hour on weekends.
From this vantage point I can say the investment was worth it in a still unfolding lifetime of fun, skill building, friends, and perpetual time travel as I daily stand with feet in two very different eras. I am very thankful.

I love stories like this. I, too, remember dates and hold them as somewhat significant. My grandfather gifted me a running '48 parts cars in 1973.

Also, we look to be about the same age. I share an anniversary with Sputnik I. I won, however.

The two eras comment - yep.

Posted on: 2022/9/16 5:51
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 32 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved