Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 151

BigKev, 109settle, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 23 24 25 (26) 27 28 29 ... 35 »

Re: packards in tv and movies
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
Does anyone know the name of the movie where Humphrey Bogart exits a 46 or 47 Clipper taxi in front of a hotel? Several people have told me about it but none remember the name of the movie. Thanks, Packardtaximan

Posted on: 2018/6/11 11:32
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If no one provides a name quickly you might be able to find a photo in the Internet Movie Cars database.http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Packard.html

Posted on: 2018/6/11 11:41
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Not sure, but if I had to pick two to watch and find out, I'd pick "Deadline USA" and "In a Lonely Place."

Posted on: 2018/6/13 15:35
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
It is "The Big Sleep". It is four stars in my opinion and is available on streaming. A 1938 Super Eight is mentioned four times as "a big Packard" in the dialogue.

Posted on: 2018/6/13 21:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I watched the Amazon Prime series The Last Tycoon, about Hollywood in the 30s. F. Scott Fitzgerald. Several Packards throughout the episodes.

Posted on: 2018/9/15 22:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Packards play a key role in the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire." When one of the main characters (with the ironic name of "Chalky White") is listening to some opposing gangsters talking idle gossip and they tell him with the money he'll make, he can buy another new Packard. Knowing that someone mistaken for him was killed in his Packard earlier in the series, Chalky asks the gangsters a very pivotal question: "...now.... how'd you know I drive a Packard?" Everything gets very quiet and you can imagine how this event turns out!

Fictional of course and a serious overdose of over-the-top raw in the series. Definitely not family viewing. But much of it based on people and events that actually happened in and around Atlantic City when it was first cranking up during the bootleg alchohol era.

Posted on: 2018/9/16 0:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Last night I watched "I Died a Thousand Times"(remake of High Sierra) starring Jack Palance and Shelley Winters on TCM. At the start of the film Palance runs his car off the highway to avoid hitting a 1927 or 1928 Packard Touring car being driven by a family that has been dis-possessed of their farm. Later the daughter gets into a fender bender with a different car. I wasn't absolutely sure it was a Packard until this scene where the radiator, cap bail and hubcaps can be clearly seen. Curious they were driving a Packard. Maybe the farmer had been very successful in the '20s or maybe it was just another used car by 1955.

Posted on: 2018/9/22 13:13
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
I just saw a strange but interesting movie called "King of Hearts" (1966) about a group of French inmates of an insane asylum get loose as the Germans leave the village which is set to blow up. Takes place during WW1. Interestingly at the last 5 minutes a French General enters the village slowly riding in a 1917 or '18 Twin-Six Packard (or looks very much like one). Like I said an interesting movie. Warning: some scenes of beautiful but undraped women are seen every so often and if that doesn't tickle you fancy then just fast forward till the last 5 minutes!

Steve

Posted on: 2018/9/23 17:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
King of Hearts is a cult classic of surreal satire

Posted on: 2018/9/23 17:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
In the PBS Nova episode, Search for the Super Battery (can be streamed on Netflix), this Packard appeared briefly. Sorry for the poor photo quality but screen capture wouldn't work so I had to take a photo of the screen!

Attach file:

jpeg  (257.76 KB)
60923_5c02deafbeca4.jpeg 1920X1350 px

Posted on: 2018/12/1 14:19
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 23 24 25 (26) 27 28 29 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved