Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
232 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 230

John Wogec, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: '56 Patrician Brakes
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
Sorry Howard, wrong terminology. What I meant to say was when released, the pedal rose back to its original position and remained firm. I have actually had the firm pressure no braking experience but fortunately that occurred in the shed. I had just refitted the four reconditioned wheel cylinders, bled the brakes and was about to go on a test drive when pretty much zero braking was happening while reversing out of the shed, despite a very firm pedal. This prompted me to obtain a reco'ed BTV and fit that to the car, and it is this one that I think doesn't have quite enough boost. Prior to that, before the boost failed on the other BTV, touching the pedal would almost put you through the windscreen - too much boost! However, if I had to choose between the two, I would prefer a little less boost like now rather than too much like before. Regards, John

Posted on: 2012/11/1 18:02
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved