Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
73 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: 1940 Packard 110 project car
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Arthur C, 1602-1191
See User information
Good things take time. You, not a car, are important.
My 1938 Packard 120 (1602), when I was 23 years old, looked like 18 months work, it took almost 10 years (pre-internet). But it was worth it. Challenge not $$$ build our character.
Good advise from all previous posters. Enjoy!

Posted on: 2016/11/28 22:16
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Corey
See User information
Yeah it's gonna be a long time until my car is nice but it's gonna be a slow resto basically I'm gonna take the body off repair rust damage find a get brakes and a master cylinder on the frame then build from their get a straight 6 and tranny hooked up fire it up take it out put the body back on then rebuild it I'm gonna save what I can off it and use it hopefully

Posted on: 2016/11/28 23:21
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Corey
See User information
I'm pretty sure the gauges should work in the car they might need to be re-wired the horn got rewired and works real good!

Posted on: 2016/11/29 0:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Good omen!! In 1963 at age 18 I bought a '56 Caribbean convertible for $400. The only thing that worked on it was the horn. Over the next 4 years I restored it and got everything working. Still have it.

Posted on: 2016/11/29 0:30
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Corey
See User information
I'm gonna work on getting more than the horn to work!!
Now the reason I am full-speed on restoring this car is because I'm doing good In school and when I go to college I have a feeling my car will be running and driving again by then(3 years later I don't think It'll be a show car but It'd look a whole lot better) but I do need help and tips most likely but over the summer when I get a job is when I'm gonna need help finding parts and well everything basically my grandpa taught me how to bend metal so I can make my own inner fender wells I do have flat-metal for the floor and trunk and in the shop garage my grandpa has a table organized full of piles of metal In the summer I will brace the body take the body off the frame take the rear doors off sand then repair those and the front doors yes I have front doors but when I got them they were off the car the guy that gave it to me said at work his former friend in the machine shop who recently admitted to throwing the door hinges away which ended their friendship and my grandpa lost respect for the guy in the machine shop too as did I he said what's the point in making new hinges and he tossed them in the scrap pile two years ago... I was wondering If I could use custom barn hinges??

Posted on: 2016/11/29 23:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Door hinges are specifically designed and engineered for each model/body style. The hinges on a '40 are internal, external hinges will not work.

Hinges from 38-39-40 may be the same.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 0:03
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Corey
See User information
Oh I hope I can find hinges for the car I remember a guy on facebook had hinges for sale but $80 a set I thought was expensive

Posted on: 2016/11/30 0:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Corey, did you take a look at this car?
http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5878299595.html

Lots of good parts and sheet metal. Hinges and all.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 7:55
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Sweet running and ready 38 six cylinder sedan just listed on the PAC website for $8650. You have no drivetrain, no trim, no seats, not one decent body panel, no electrical, no rubber, etc. Oh, wait, you have a working horn, some flat steel, and a dream. We shall see, young grasshopper, we shall see.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 9:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
That sounds like a great deal. I bought Packard engines for more money than that. Someone is gone get a lot of car for little.

Posted on: 2016/11/30 10:19
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved